Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:01 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity & beyond View Post
What? I'm sorry but drive around San Antonio and you see mostly old, dilapidated, torn up cars that look just as bad as the people in them....I think an A6 and Prius are mighty fine vehicles (atleast compared to what's on the road here).

I wouldn't be caught DEAD in either of those "fine" vehicles. To each his own I guess.

You must live in a poor area of SA if all you see is mostly old, torn up cars. In my neighborhood alone, I see tons of $60K plus vehicles on a daily basis. Get out more. This is a really big city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 04:04 PM

190 posts, read 219,873 times
Where do you live? Terrell Hills or Alamo Heights? Because even there the majority of the cars on the road are NOT nice. If you live in Stone Oak, same thing (for the most part).

Get out of Texas more....this is a really big country.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:15 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Where do you live? Terrell Hills or Alamo Heights? Because even there the majority of the cars on the road are NOT nice. If you live in Stone Oak, same thing (for the most part).
I live in Stone Oak. Alamo Heights and Terrell Hills are surrounded by crappy areas. The closer you get to downtown, the more I would agree with you that you see a lot of dumpy cars.

Quote:
Get out of Texas more....this is a really big country.
Well, lets see. I was born in raised in SoCal. Moved to Texas. My job has me on the road 7 months a year where I stay anywhere from a month to 3 months in a different city/state. Over the last 5 years I have spent no less than one month living in:

Phoenix
Tucson
Indianapolis
St. Louis
Virginia Beach
Louisville
Minneapolis (I'm here now...going on 2 months)
Miami
Orlando
Tampa
Ft. Lauderdale
Nashville
Charlotte
New Orleans
Jackson, MS

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. So I'm pretty sure I am aware that this is a big country.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:18 PM

190 posts, read 219,873 times
Stone Oak is nice. It's the nicest area of SA in my opinion. Everything else just looks so rundown here.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:20 PM
JNA

243 posts, read 735,327 times
What's with all the snobbery from the SA haters?

Old 08-02-2007, 04:27 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNA View Post
Pay them no mind...there are obviously a few that WISH they had the skills or talents or MONEY to get out of SA and live in a WONDERFUL PLACE, WHERE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT...but feel stuck here. Shame, they & the rest of us would be MUCH HAPPIER if they could find their place in life...but obviously they are not able to...how very sad! Maybe if they spent more time looking (or getting educated, or coming across as someone one would WANT to hire) they would be able to...but they prefer to spend their energy whining in this forum.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:45 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Pay them no mind...there are obviously a few that WISH they had the skills or talents or MONEY to get out of SA and live in a WONDERFUL PLACE, WHERE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT...but feel stuck here. Shame, they & the rest of us would be MUCH HAPPIER if they could find their place in life...but obviously they are not able to...how very sad! Maybe if they spent more time looking (or getting educated, or coming across as someone one would WANT to hire) they would be able to...but they prefer to spend their energy whining in this forum.
AMEN! Don't you get tired of people whining about SA and/or Texas but they are still here. I don't get it, why don't they leave???

OK, back to the thread topic (sorry for getting off subject). oh and btw, my F250 powerstroke gets 21 mpg.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:03 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
05 Altima 3.5L

That's it...one car between the wife and I. I travel extensively on business and we have no need for 2 vehicles. Been doing this for years. Lower insurance, less gas. We spend around $70 per month on gas. Wife is a stay-at-home mom.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:30 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,861 times
I was planning on purchasing something small like a Versa or Prius, but I wonder how safe that would be with all the trucks on the road.

Maybe if I get a M1A2 Abrams it'll level the playing field.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:13 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNA View Post
I call it "wanting their cake and eating it too" attitude. I don't understand the comments about wastefulness, and crappy cars and PEOPLE.....it's a very shallow materialistic view of the world and place they have chosen as their home......but they throw in concerns for the environment to justify being unaccepting of people that don't have as much as they do. It's sad to judge a community, area or people by how they "look". I don't understand why they can't see how superficial and cocky they sound. It's ok to spend a wad on a car that gets better gas mileage as long as it "looks" nice! Now, that's not wasteful at all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio