Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:34 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,536 times

Advertisements

......and people wonder why I am seldom outside loop 410.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 03:32 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
......and people wonder why I am seldom outside loop 410.
No, I never wondered any such thing as I am sure that is true for most people.

Again, I am not arguing if the law(s) are right or fair, but they are well known. The whole "Giant signs all along the road/writen in books available to all/made up by the people we elected" thing.

If you would restrict your movement because, even with fair warning, you dont think you can abide, that is your problem.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Well, lucky you. Good to hear those pathetic punks are (seemingly) honest in your family's case. Let's hope they do the same to EVERYONE else.
They were very honest in my case. I was pulled over one night for speeding. I was speeding. I stated to the police officer that I was lost and confused, I was. And he mentioned that I was clocked at 6 or 7 (I forget) miles over the speed limit. He gave me directions to help guide me and just asked me to slow down.
He was professional and I was given a break.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:54 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
...and they will. Contrary to popular belief, cops aren't looking for a reason to pull folks over. If they were, they'd have plenty to choose from. If you REALLY don't like it, then try to remember that the next time they want to make something ELSE illegal (texting, talking & driving, seat belts, etc.).

No, they're not looking. Except the punks in podunk Shavano Park. You know what you do when you have 'nothing to do'? You find a job.

Trim the fat & fire some cops.

I can only hope the high gas prices are making people drive less & Shavano Park has fewer people to harass as a result of that. Pathetic!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Quote:
No, they're not looking. Except the punks in podunk Shavano Park. You know what you do when you have 'nothing to do'? You find a job.

Trim the fat & fire some cops.

I can only hope the high gas prices are making people drive less & Shavano Park has fewer people to harass as a result of that. Pathetic!
You're a real hoot, my friend. It's quite obvious to me that the root cause of your issue is your attitude. Hopefully, as you mature you'll come to realize exactly the kind of jobs that LEO's do day in and day out, and come to appreciate just how tough a job it is. Hopefully, it'll be by the time you graduate high school.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
You're a real hoot, my friend. It's quite obvious to me that the root cause of your issue is your attitude. Hopefully, as you mature you'll come to realize exactly the kind of jobs that LEO's do day in and day out, and come to appreciate just how tough a job it is. Hopefully, it'll be by the time you graduate high school.
That's the thing, my friend. I do realize what a serious, hard-working, incredibly dangerous job LEOs perform, each and every day. Even when they're not working, they're still in LEO mode. (seen those YouTube videos of off-duty LEOs bust up a burglar who started doing something in front of their eyes? Good for a laugh, so long as the burglar gets their just desserts.)

Which is why when Shavano Park P.D. pulls people over for driving at an appropriate speed on a road with an inappropriate speed limit, it boils my blood to no end.

They're punks, plain and simple. They harass the many for the protection of the few. It's disgusting.

They can keep their stringent enforcement but they'll have to up their speed limit on De Zavala to something that is more appropriate, like 40 mph instead of 35. It's absolutely abhorrent the way things are now.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:16 PM

And I don't have an issue. I avoid that podunk place like the plague. I do my research on road trips now on Huge List of Speed Traps | The National Speed Trap Exchange for the places that might have overzealous enforcement or inappropriate speed limits. I owe it to Shavano Park, the punks that harass drivers driving at an appropriate speed on a road with an inappropriate speed limit.

My goal is to make sure that ALL drivers using those roads are aware of this racket they're running (and it IS a racket if speed limits are inappropriate) and starve them of revenue. I'm only afraid that they'll resort to mendacious tactics to maintain their pathetic income stream.

Isn't it interesting? If I hadn't been pulled over, I would have been ignorant and never learned the truth. The truth that some places have inappropriate speed limits. I've done my research and shall continue to do so. I'm sure I've saved myself from many a speed limit thanks to that punk that pulled me over.

"You don't know what worse luck your bad luck's saved you from." - Uncle Ellis, No Country For Old Men

Old 07-15-2011, 10:18 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Quote:
Which is why when Shavano Park P.D. pulls people over for driving at an appropriate speed on a road with an inappropriate speed limit, it boils my blood to no end.

They're punks, plain and simple. They harass the many for the protection of the few. It's disgusting.

They can keep their stringent enforcement but they'll have to up their speed limit on De Zavala to something that is more appropriate, like 40 mph instead of 35. It's absolutely abhorrent the way things are now.
News flash....it's NOT your decision - it's up to the municipality to establish their speed limits. Obey them or pay the price. Just the way it is. Calling a LEO a name for enforcing their city laws is immature and shows a total lack of understanding of how things work. They are sworn to uphold the law. The law says the speed limit is a given speed, they enforce it. If you want to bust on those REALLY responsible, call out the mayor and city council - THEY are the ones that set the limits, NOT the PD. But, I guess that wouldn't fit your set idea as to who is at fault.....

Old 07-15-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
News flash....it's NOT your decision - it's up to the municipality to establish their speed limits. Obey them or pay the price. Just the way it is. Calling a LEO a name for enforcing their city laws is immature and shows a total lack of understanding of how things work. They are sworn to uphold the law. The law says the speed limit is a given speed, they enforce it. If you want to bust on those REALLY responsible, call out the mayor and city council - THEY are the ones that set the limits, NOT the PD. But, I guess that wouldn't fit your set idea as to who is at fault.....
That's not a news flash. I know that's how it works. That doesn't make it right.

I didn't call a LEO a punk...I called a PUNK a punk. That guy has the choice whether to work for SPPD or not. He makes it & does something terribly wrong, all for a dollar. Not that different from a lot of us, I guess.

I know that the City Council is the one that is responsible for setting it. They're the worst of the worst.

The officers are still punks for going along with it so pathetically, with such disgusting glee. Granted, that attitude of mine has been slightly tempered with some of the posts in this thread that some victims have only gotten warnings, but it doesn't change the fact that people are being pulled over for driving at an appropriate speed on a road with an inappropriate speed limit.

It's DISGUSTING! And the officers have the choice of whether to cite someone or not. It's always up to them.

Imagine if Shavano Park suddenly had no visitors. All revenue generation would end. What would that pathetic City Council do then? Find other ways for money. It's not about safety. It's about revenue generation.

Disgusting, pathetic & abhorrent that this occurs in the United States of America. You've seen that courthouse of theirs. Their cars. If they didn't have a police department, they wouldn't need so much money in fines. It's a parasite, using parasitic behavior on people who really don't want parasites on them. Do YOU want a tapeworm in your intestines, plugging up your sphincter?

Horrible.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:34 PM

I also fully understand that "big busts" occur with routine traffic stops. Thousands of kilograms of cocaine hidden in the cabin, some undocumented workers being abused, a little girl or boy who got abducted 10 months ago by a sick #$&@ & has been raped daily since then.

I understand that. I get that. I understand why routine traffic stops are necessary. However, MOST people don't fit into that situation. This is why when people are stopped, they have to be stopped for a truly legitimate offense that may have been endangering either themselves or others. And driving at an appropriate rate on a road with an inappropriate speed limit is NOT a legitimate offense.

Absolutely disgusting that these things occur in the United States of America. Horrific.

Last edited by Soviet; 07-15-2011 at 11:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio