Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionallyBlank View Post
My sweet little baby boy has taken to biting and throwing himself to the ground in protest. Here we go again. Oh, toddlerhood, it's been a while; I see you haven't changed.
Imagining the HUGE celebration I will throw myself when the last kid is finally out of the house is what gets me through some days....

Other days I just dream of eating a meal when it is still hot -- or just eating a meal -- or going to the bathroom without an audience...not hearing "mommeeeeeeeeeee!!" 832 times a day...sleeping for eight uninterrupted hours....and the list goes on and on

sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 09:46 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,715,840 times
Happiness did not increase past earning 60k a year
Happiness Is Earning $60,000 A Year? » My Money Blog

"Below 60,000 dollars a year, people are unhappy, and they get progressively unhappier the poorer they get. Above that, we get an absolutely flat line. I mean I’ve rarely seen lines so flat. [...] Clearly money does not buy you experiential happiness, but lack of money certainly buys you misery,” he said. But the real trick, Kahneman said, is to spend time with people you like."

Sounds about right. Spend time with people you like and do things you like rather than HAVE THINGS you like.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 AM

239 posts, read 442,468 times
Quote:
My sweet little baby boy has taken to biting and throwing himself to the ground in protest. Here we go again. Oh, toddlerhood, it's been a while; I see you haven't changed.

I have a toddler my self and oh yes the tempers they throw are fun lol

Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
Don't forget that sometimes they come back...

Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,806,234 times
Quote:
Your post reminded me of this that I saw recently on home's funniest videos - they must study from the same instruction book before birth!

Why waste a temper tantrum if nobody is around to see it???? - YouTube

Old 01-24-2012, 11:07 AM

330 posts, read 587,881 times
^Heh, my 14 year old swears she's never leaving home. Good thing we're close to universities, she says. Oy.

I totally understand, StoneOak. Me too. I mean, how fancy would it be to, like, shower whenever you feel like it? That's crazy-talk!

Years ago, I was in a check out line at Target, and my now 4.5 year old daughter just blew up- completely expired, raging tantrum. Thankfully we were seconds from paying and could rush out to the car to calm down. I was flustered, of course, but the sweetest elderly lady stopped me on the way out and said, "I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you'll miss this". I think about that a lot. It's kind of my mantra some days.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,770 times
Quote:
Years ago, I was in a check out line at Target, and my now 4.5 year old daughter just blew up- completely expired, raging tantrum. Thankfully we were seconds from paying and could rush out to the car to calm down. I was flustered, of course, but the sweetest elderly lady stopped me on the way out and said, "I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you'll miss this". I think about that a lot. It's kind of my mantra some days.
Oh I've had soooo many people say that to me. Usually I just smile and do the uh-uh response, but if they are really going on and on about how wonderful this age is I remind them that they probably did not feel parenthood was sooo marvelous either when they were enduring all the "joys" of childhood day in and day out. I'll reflect later, let me rant today

I find the older I get though, the more mellow I become about everything. Can't figure out if I now realize how short life is and how all the everyday nonsense really doesn't matter or if I've just given up....

Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
Same thing with that commercial where the guy is giving the keys to the car to his "little girl". I told both of mine that's exactly how we see them now even though they're 23 and 25.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Don't forget that sometimes they come back...
LOl!! You make them sound like boomerangs.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:06 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,715,840 times
this rain is ridiculous. It's coming down in particles, not droplets. Just enough to make the road slippery. Supposed to be like this tomorrow--no way this is going to even wet the tongue of this scorched Texas ground. Grass still won't take off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio