Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 PM

71 posts, read 139,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Mama Margies used to be really good when they first started out, but the last few times I've eaten there, the food has been so greasy I couldn't eat it...you're not meant to have grease dripping out of a bean and cheese taco, at least I've never had one that greasy anywhere else.
As usual I'm late to the party (thread). This is so spot on. I refuse to go to MM's anymore. Can't stomach that much grease anymore. What amazes me is the one on 1604/Culebra always seems to be busy. Not sure I understand. So many better places to eat than MM's. To each their own, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 06:40 PM

417 posts, read 816,654 times
Add me to the list of people who prefer Las Palapas. I used to like TC, especially thir tortillas. But they got rid of so many menu items, particularly the burritos. If I wnt a build your own burrito, I go to Freebird (yum) or Chipotle here I can se how fresh things are. And yelling what I want in a drive thru mike means I will not get the toppings I'm expecting.

Is Taco Palenque good?

Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopycat View Post
Is Taco Palenque good?
A couple of people told me it was good, and a couple of people told me it was mediocre. I will never eat there or recommend it. I can't say what happened with their food because it would be against TOS.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:31 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
I can't believe that Taco Cabana used to have the *best* beef fajitas. So sad. But at least their carne guisada, barbacoa and picadillo are still good.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:25 PM

7 posts, read 10,567 times
Taco Cabana lost my business years ago. Palapas has good tortilla soup...but thats about it. Mama Margies (Alamo Ranch) is my go to place for a quick mexican meal. Yes it's noisy but that's because its busy...which means a lot of people like it.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Love me some Las Palapas! Hello flautas, why yes, I am here to eat you.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:29 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,744,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Love me some Las Palapas! Hello flautas, why yes, I am here to eat you.
they have decent puffy tacos too. unfortunately the Las Palapas are all out of the way for me so I don't go often.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 785 times
I LOVE Taco Cabana's BRISKET TACOS. For the past 2-3 yrs we've bought them at least 1x/week. I dont buy the platter/meal, just the individual tacos a la carte. Of course TC is not a BBQ place, BUT... Their BRISKET TACO'S ARE MELT IN YOUR MOUTH YUMMY! The meat is shredded, which I was skeptical about when I first ordered them, but they have a nice authentic smokey flavor, absolutely NO FAT OR GREASE detectable, & never dried out. All they put in the flour tortilla is a GENEROUS mound of the soft, smokey, yummy, meat. And thank goodness NO BBQ sauce! I ALWAYS ASK for the FUEGO (FIRE ROASTED) SALSA to go with them. We usually take them home to add this or that:
Our favorite way to eat them: Add the FIRE ROASTED SALSA, SLICED AVACADO, & A SQUEEZE OF LIME.
OTHER WAYS: Add lime, some thin sliced extra sharp white cheddar cheese &zap it in the microwave for a few seconds, then add sliced avacado & roasted salsa.
OR: sometimes we put just the FUEGO SALSA & A LITTLE SOUR CREAM,
OR: Add a tangy slaw with fresh squeezed lime, some jalapeno, & sliced avacado
ANY WAY YOU TOP THEM, the TACO CABANA BRISKET TACOS, THEY ARE THE BEST! Melt in your mouth!
TOO BAD I JUST FOUND OUT LAST NIGHT THAT TACO CABANA HAS DISCONTINUED THEM!!!
We went there for the BRISKET TACOS, and frequently bought extra items like platters or quesadillas, but we never went there for those other items.
CAN YOU GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NOW?

Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,620,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I can't believe that Taco Cabana used to have the *best* beef fajitas. So sad. But at least their carne guisada, barbacoa and picadillo are still good.

So it's not just me then.
I used to enjoy the fajitas at T.C. on the corner of Hildebrand & San Pedro.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:57 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
The fajitas went from the best to the worst inwill pay for.

The bean and cheese are still great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: