Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 PM

263 posts, read 480,256 times

Advertisements

I've lived here all my life and tonight was the first time of heard of this Legend of the Headless Nun from the central East edge of downtown San Antonio.Can anyone shed some light on this?I may incorporate this in our haunted house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 07:08 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Google brought up nothing, and Ive never heard of it either

Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
Jacksonville Ghost Hunt

This page lists a ton of supposedly haunted places in SA and other TX cities Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Texas

Not a headless nun, but a headless horseman.....El Muerto - The Headless Horseman of South Texas

Old 10-19-2013, 11:39 AM

296 posts, read 1,250,511 times
lol Sounds legit.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Jacksonville Ghost Hunt

This page lists a ton of supposedly haunted places in SA and other TX cities Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Texas

Not a headless nun, but a headless horseman.....El Muerto - The Headless Horseman of South Texas
Thanks for the info and I do appreciate your time.Another story came to mind, late one night in Nov. 2005.My daughters and I had to pick up there mom from a Nanny job at the Marriot River Ctr..So we took a late night stroll around the ALAMO.There was a park ranger stationed up front in the plaza.So I asked him if anything unusual happens real late at night say around03:00am.He said that one night he was in front of the ALAMO, when, he got a climpse of what looked like a person peering around the corner by the left courtyard barracks wall.He asked, what he thought was a vagrant,what he was doing there and that he was to leave or get arrested.No answer,no movement.He approached the arch way and it peered around again, this time it surprised the Ranger, which made him draw his pistol,but he froze when all of a sudden,the figure dashed across in front of him and disappeared into the north corner of the ALAMO its self.The Ranger also mentioned that around APRIL and March if its really cold,they've heard what sounds like people talking around a camp fire,horses walking about and faint mouns of what may be some of the wounded or dying before the final attack after 13 days of being forted up.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Google brought up nothing, and Ive never heard of it either
Thanks for the effort.Do you have any strange stories to tell us or of any other Urban Legends?.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:04 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times
Google did bring up some hits and it seems there's more than one headless Nun.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:56 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Today was the first day I'd heard of the "Habitless Nun"....it just came to me. I'm sure this headless nun is just another spin on the headless Chinese graveyard lady.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:07 AM

69 posts, read 99,575 times
The headlesss nun story is of course an ubran legend story associated with Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio. The story was started by some female students when it was an all girls school but they were not expecting the story to become this popular. Try looking on the website StrangeUsa for strories reported by students that have more creditibility. I work here and trust me there have been many times myself ,co-workers, contractors, security guards had experiences. We have seen apparitions, smoky shadow figures, music coming from the piano rooms in the Fine Arts building, a monk walking the 3rd floor Main Buliding and a nun but not headless. Try touring the campus and ask to go into the Main Building unfortunately you were not able to see it before the Fire in 2008.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousive1 View Post
The headlesss nun story is of course an ubran legend story associated with Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio. The story was started by some female students when it was an all girls school but they were not expecting the story to become this popular. Try looking on the website StrangeUsa for strories reported by students that have more creditibility. I work here and trust me there have been many times myself ,co-workers, contractors, security guards had experiences. We have seen apparitions, smoky shadow figures, music coming from the piano rooms in the Fine Arts building, a monk walking the 3rd floor Main Buliding and a nun but not headless. Try touring the campus and ask to go into the Main Building unfortunately you were not able to see it before the Fire in 2008.
Thank you very much for your in-put on the subject,and I saw the fire at OLOU from 24th street.That was a sad day,but you bounced right back up.You can't keep a good thing.Since we're on the subject,are there any stories
about the lake itself since several people have drowned there?Like to hear about it if there are any. As a matter of fact,I had been in the Main bldg.,looking for a student that was to be picked up by our transportation service.I asked one of the staff why the doors were so short,she replied that back when it was built most all the nuns,preists etc. were very short.This was on the first or second level,I know there was stair case leading up the floor where I saw the doors in question.Thanks again! AL

Last edited by albert soliz; 10-22-2013 at 11:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio