Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 09:24 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,421,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder70 View Post
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. The UIW student never got his day in court. He was tried, found guilty and murdered for his traffic crime on the spot. This cop shouldn't get his day in court either, he should go directly to jail.
Maybe he would have received his day in court if he would have stayed in his car.

The unarmed UIW student was shot multiple times by a cop that says he was being assaulted with his own weapon and yet the cop in question does not have a mark on him.
Have you seen the investigations report? No I didn't think you had. So how do you know this?

Being a cop does not make you right. Being a cop does not make you honest.
Your right about this which is why you should try your case in court not in the street.

There should be every bit as much burden of proof required of the cop to justify his actions as is required by anyone else in society but there never is. Cops are given the benefit of the doubt in spite of repeated instances where they have been found to be lying and fabricating evidence and yet we continue to just take their word over another citizens word. A cop's word should be given no more weight than anyone elses. That power is abused and it is the reason that so many people distrust and dislike cops today.
In a perfect world this would work too bad ours is imperfect.

I don't care if the job is hard. I don't care if the job is dangerous. No one is putting a gun to their heads and making them go out on patrol every night.
I'm pretty sure they don't care if you care.

There is no way to have a dialog with a cop, there is no way to reason with a cop. I find their attitudes detestable and I think there are more dishonest cops than honest ones.
I have had many interactions with cops over my years and have never had a problem or complaint with their actions except once, but he was very young and new to the force so I will cut him a little slack. In fact I have had numerous occasions where they have gone out of their way to help me out when they had no reason to.

There is no doubt in my mind that the cop that shot the UIW student is guilty of murder. There is also no doubt in my mind that he is going to get away with it because of his profession. We have a deplorable legal system in this country when the outlaws are the ones enforcing the law.
Which is why I am so glad that there are some very intelligent lawyers on both sides who can spot someone like yourself during jury selection for a trial and keep you from serving on a jury so hopefully the jury will be impartial and justice will be served for whoever is at fault or not at fault.
I tried to rep you, but I have to spread the love. Great post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 09:49 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,435,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheTruth View Post
Actually, I was an amateur kickboxer many years ago. I trained and fought with guys you've seen on TV. I also worked at many nightclubs as security until I started my career. Nobody ever took my baton and I've never had a drunk guy push me around. Then again, I was also the type that liked to talk someone down rather than beat then down. Unfortunately, that's one of those qualities that's rare to find in a cop.

I'll bet money you've never been in a real fight in your entire life. Your McDojo strategies will get you hurt. I strongly suggest you don't move towards someone swinging at you unless you're considerably larger and stronger than them and know for an absolute fact that they have no training. The only fight you win is the one you avoid.
No you weren't. Even if you were, tournament kickboxing and fighting for your life are different. I train with a guy that's very skilled at kickboxing and his kicks are devastating. Best way to a chance against him is to get inside QUICKLY and take that weapon away.

If you were, you'd know that the worst part of a whip is the end. You stand far out and get punched, you're at the end of the whip. Someone comes at you, get inside and shorten their swing. Lock up. Knee to the gut or groin. Elbow to the chin, and get the hell out.

You're right, avoiding one is the BEST way, but if someone comes at you, defense is necessary. You don't stand toe to toe and box. You try to devastate them and get the hell out quickly to go home.

But back to the point of the story, until anyone has evidence, judging isn't really possible. If it makes you feel better to stand up against "the man", then so be it. But the rest of us will wait until we hear the whole story.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:14 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,091,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder70 View Post
I am hoping to accomplish nothing.
It's working.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:23 PM

8,399 posts, read 23,006,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
It's nice tat people can live in a fantasy world where fat out of shape cops never panic and shot people.
Yeah, especially drunk driving and combative idiots who fight with the police without realizing the consequences of their actions.

Yeah, it would be a really nice world if people didn't break the law all the time; then we wouldn't even need the police but until that happens, we do.

Place blame where it belongs.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:37 PM

838 posts, read 1,211,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I think several of us have. We are blaming the one that instigated the confrontation. The one that pulled not one but two weapons and the one that murdered the other one. That is where the blame belongs. It's not ok to kill someone because they're not listening to you. It's not ok to kill someone because they won't do what you want them to. You live in a disturbed world if you think those things are reasons to kill someone else.

Save us the self-righteous 'cops are above the law and can do whatever they want whenever they want' speech, it's a bunch of crap. Cops are not always right and cops are not always justified in their actions. In fact, I would argue that they're rarely right and rarely justified in their actions. Regardless, someone lost their life because there was a cop, carrying a gun, that was completely incapable of handling a routine traffic stop on his own.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:53 PM

825 posts, read 1,035,491 times
Quote:
When did possibly drinking and driving become a "minor traffic violation?"

And how do you know it's "murder"? It could have easily be justifiable.

It's random speculation like that which shows how people jump to conclusions without any evidence whatsoever!
It's pretty understandable why people jump to conclusions given the marked increase in cases of police brutality throughout the country. People are sceptical of cops' motives nowadays, and quite frankly, they should be. Especially since unprofessional cops (like this clown who couldn't hold down a job) are still able to keep their positions (and weapons).

I'm not saying I know what happened here, but any time an unarmed person is killed, there had better be a thorough investigation.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, especially drunk driving and combative idiots who fight with the police without realizing the consequences of their actions.

Yeah, it would be a really nice world if people didn't break the law all the time; then we wouldn't even need the police but until that happens, we do.

And furthermore, it would be a fantastic world if we didn't have no knock invasions, or harmless pets and unarmed people shot by cops.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:11 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,091,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
I'm not saying I know what happened here, but any time an unarmed person is killed, there had better be a thorough investigation.
John Kass is no bleeding heart, but he has taken on this one (he's still trying to get a serious investigation of this):

Kass: Was police killing of 95-year-old necessary?

The cops first tazed him, then fired a beanbag round into his abdomen. In his room, in a nursing home. (He was unable to move without a walker.) He bled to death internally from the beanbag hit.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
John Kass is no bleeding heart, but he has taken on this one (he's still trying to get a serious investigation of this):

Kass: Was police killing of 95-year-old necessary?

The cops first tazed him, then fired a beanbag round into his abdomen. In his room, in a nursing home. (He was unable to move without a walker.) He bled to death internally from the beanbag hit.
I remember reading about that case. Sad.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:42 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,421,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
It's not ok to kill someone because they're not listening to you. It's not ok to kill someone because they won't do what you want them to.
This is true.

Quote:
Cops are not always right and cops are not always justified in their actions.
This is true.

Quote:
In fact, I would argue that they're rarely right and rarely justified in their actions.
This is not true.

Quote:
Regardless, someone lost their life because there was a cop, carrying a gun, that was completely incapable of handling a routine traffic stop on his own.
We really don't know that yet. You could easily have written with much the same assumptions: "Regardless, someone lost their life because they were drunk and attempting to beat/strangle/murder a cop during a routine traffic stop."

Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio