Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 03:50 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
How does one go from "speeding and driving erratically" to executed in ten minutes?
easy...just stop and get out of the car...the cop will take care of the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 04:39 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
easy...just stop and get out of the car...the cop will take care of the rest.
I think you meant stop, exit the vehicle, fight with cop, steal his weapon, and then charge him.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:09 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
From several media reports it can be gathered that the subject was speeding, hit a curb, ignored the police officer pulling him over, parked in his regular parking space, continued to ignore the officer by attempting to walk away, then ignored lawful orders and became physically aggressive with the officer.

The officer showed extreme restraint by heavily communicating.

Had the deceased complied and then was shot in the back or in his underarms then the cries of foul by his family would seem more credible. As is they are already blaming the police officer instead of understanding that the ultimate responsibility here falls on Redus.

Being pulled over and complying with the police usually results in a warning or a well-deserved citation. Refusing and being agressive will yield different results. Once an officer tells you that you are under arrest it is time to put up your hands and safely comply. It is your safety as well as the officer's on the line. If you care about and want to be safe then comply.

While there are different circumstances that all conspired to bring about this result such as the officer's weight, lack of pepper spray, skethcy job history, or going on a burger run, it was Redus' ultimate choice to comply or not and no other factors can remove his own ultimate culpability.

Last edited by Merovee; 12-16-2013 at 06:23 PM..

Old 12-16-2013, 06:40 PM

838 posts, read 1,211,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
That "child" most likely was out drinking and driving. That "child" got into a fight with a police officer.

And if that 23-yr-old "child" was the one that instigated the situation, 100% of it rests on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I think you meant stop, exit the vehicle, fight with cop, steal his weapon, and then charge him.
Pure speculation, yet you're both so quick to throw those statements out there as though they are facts. I would suggest that unless you were at the scene of the murder that you don't slander the deceased.

As someone that took a concealed carry class from a police officer, I can assure you, we were coached on EXACTLY what to say if we are ever in a situation where we would have to use our weapon. In training throughout the day we were told and had to rehearse, over and over and over again that we were to say as loudly as we could 'STOP! I AM IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE!'

In addition, one night on my way to class at SAC, I had the pleasure of witnessing a police training session going on in the parking lot. The officers were coached repeatedly on exactly what to say when asking someone to exit a vehicle. They were told to say the exact same thing, over and over and over again.

So does it surprise me to hear that the cop can be heard on an alleged recording of the incident saying the same things over and over again? Absolutely not, it is what they are trained to do.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:01 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
Pure speculation, yet you're both so quick to throw those statements out there as though they are facts. I would suggest that unless you were at the scene of the murder that you don't slander the deceased.
Uhhh?? Isn't that exactly what you've been doing the past few day? Throwing out statements as fact such as saying this is a murder.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:19 PM

838 posts, read 1,211,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Uhhh?? Isn't that exactly what you've been doing the past few day? Throwing out statements as fact such as saying this is a murder.
I think I preface more of my remarks with a statement that it is my opinion or what I think. When I do state something as though it is a fact, these people are quick to ask for my source or state that my statements are opinions. I am just giving it right back to them.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:31 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
I wonder what some of you cop haters think about Officer Robert Deckard. Probably good riddance, hmm?

Old 12-16-2013, 11:07 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post

As someone that took a concealed carry class from a police officer, I can assure you, we were coached on EXACTLY what to say if we are ever in a situation where we would have to use our weapon. In training throughout the day we were told and had to rehearse, over and over and over again that we were to say as loudly as we could 'STOP! I AM IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE!'

In addition, one night on my way to class at SAC, I had the pleasure of witnessing a police training session going on in the parking lot. The officers were coached repeatedly on exactly what to say when asking someone to exit a vehicle. They were told to say the exact same thing, over and over and over again.

So does it surprise me to hear that the cop can be heard on an alleged recording of the incident saying the same things over and over again? Absolutely not, it is what they are trained to do.
Yes the Police are coached on what to say...the right things. That is what training is. You speak of it like it is nefarious.

You, and people like you, would be among the first and loudest if the Police did something without the proper verbal warnings. Again, how do you think Police learn what the proper and legal warnings are? How do you think they learn when to use them? Don't you think they should practice it many times in training so they are likely to do it in the real world?

BTW, what you saw was felony stop training. That is what the Police Academy at SAC practices in the parking lot. It isn't "asking" someone to step out of the vehicle. They are practicing to remove, at gun point, people suspected of violence or felonious activity. It is a well vetted police practice, but it must be learned. There are steps to it and in practice, this will be done under an incredible amount of stress. So, training must be wrote and repetitive. Again, you make it sound nefarious. It is proof that the Police train to do things in a way that are supported by data and research to create best practices. It is proof that the Police are trained to go to the streets prepared for violent encounters. It is proof that the Police train to avoid physical violence, even with people who are suspected of being violent.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:08 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I wonder what some of you cop haters think about Officer Robert Deckard. Probably good riddance, hmm?
Officer Deckard is unlikely to survive the next 48 hours because of a procedure they must now perform.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:11 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Many of us are not "cop haters". We are "incompetent cop haters". We abhor when "officers" do things and get away with them that a member of the public would not. We hate that they are serving the state instead of the people. That's what we hate.

If an officer does his job properly without harassment & inexcusable mistakes, then good job! Officer Deckard (why am I thinking "Blade Runner"?) was chasing armed robbery suspects, not a simple traffic violation. So I wish him the best & hope that he recovers. I would hate to lose a good police officer: that would just increase the ratio of horrific, disgusting ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio