Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 10:38 AM

169 posts, read 392,783 times

Advertisements

At the risk of throwing myself in the middle of this squabble, I do have to say that when I lived in California, grand openings of new eating spots were always like what's being described here as strictly a SA thing. Recent examples include Chick fil A in Walnut Creek, In n Out in Pleasant Hill, and several years back Krispy Kreme in Concord. I think it's pretty much the norm in the US, especially when it's something that has a big following elsewhere but is new to the area.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:44 AM

431 posts, read 1,205,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford72 View Post
At the risk of throwing myself in the middle of this squabble, I do have to say that when I lived in California, grand openings of new eating spots were always like what's being described here as strictly a SA thing. Recent examples include Chick fil A in Walnut Creek, In n Out in Pleasant Hill, and several years back Krispy Kreme in Concord. I think it's pretty much the norm in the US, especially when it's something that has a big following elsewhere but is new to the area.
Do you sometimes feel like you are living in a giant special-ed class, after moving here?

The arguments alone make me wish In-N-Out never came to Texas, and I actually like the chain (it is my fast food cheat meal when I visit Cali).

Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 AM

4,440 posts, read 5,362,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
Do you sometimes feel like you are living in a giant special-ed class, after moving here?

The arguments alone make me wish In-N-Out never came to Texas, and I actually like the chain (it is my fast food cheat meal when I visit Cali).
It's just the internet!

Go check out the SXSW thread in Austin and that cluster or the Wyoming water rights thread.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:13 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,099,537 times
I dont know about other chains, but people camp out for days at the opening of new chicfila locations because a certain number of campers will win free food for a year. I have friends that do it, they actually have a lot of fun

Old 03-19-2014, 08:44 AM

336 posts, read 484,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
I already addressed this, as have others. This isn't unique to SA and I can bet a few of those people were transplants who couldn't wait to taste a piece of home. The average San Antonian I would assume had no clue what Kystral's was. And what does their weight have to do with anything other than a cheap shot and your need to be mean and insulting?

As it does in most other cities. Sometime's months.

Again, not unusual for KK to pull that type of crowd (people would cross country road trip to new openings) at the height of KK-mania back then or even now when the hysteria is considerably less.

Here's Minneapolis.

Here's Richmond, VA.

Here's Sacramento.

I can keep going.

Seriously, you make me yawn.

No more than any other city. But us adults already know this.

You all do realize that arguing on an online message board is like winning gold at the Special Olympics...

Sure, you won the gold, congrats, but- surprise- you're still at the Special Olympics.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,798,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
I dont know about other chains, but people camp out for days at the opening of new chicfila locations because a certain number of campers will win free food for a year. I have friends that do it, they actually have a lot of fun
This type of behavior is not just limited to food, but also gadets such as iphones. Imagine what would happen if they said free shotguns to the first 10 people that qualify and pass background checks at the next gun show.

No matter what the product is, it is not fun for me.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:49 AM

424 posts, read 610,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
You all do realize that arguing on an online message board is like winning gold at the Special Olympics...

Sure, you won the gold, congrats, but- surprise- you're still at the Special Olympics.
Yes, that's completely accurate and not at all some tiresome and silly analogy.

So, what is arguing in real life like?

Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM

336 posts, read 484,709 times
Quote:
So, what is arguing in real life like?
Arguing in reality serves a purpose: Ask any trial attorney

Old 03-19-2014, 10:17 AM

424 posts, read 610,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
Arguing in reality serves a purpose: Ask any trial attorney
Arguing in reality is no different than texting or calling. It's a different form of communication. Whether an opinion or facts are argued vocally or through text makes no difference overall.

My opinion isn't diminished because I use a keyboard instead of my voice.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,798,277 times
Quote:
Arguing in reality is no different than texting or calling. It's a different form of communication. Whether an opinion or facts are argued vocally or through text makes no difference overall.

My opinion isn't diminished because I use a keyboard instead of my voice.
Totally off topic, but it is so funny (perhaps unintentionally) how you stalk staunchcharacter's posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio