Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:47 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times

Advertisements

I coulda sworn I seen this post somewhere else from Oasis...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 AM

4 posts, read 9,267 times
Default ATT by far

Quote:
Originally Posted by motown mary View Post
What is the best cable/internet/phone service provider in San Antonio, i.e. best rates, best service & fewest outages?
I KNOW people are passionate about this because so many of the cable companies are notorious for bad service, so if you really have an opinion, please chime in!
ATT UVerse and DSl are by far the most reliable. I worked for TWC and Directv and ATT uverse and ATT was always low maintenance and affordable

Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 AM

4 posts, read 9,267 times
you can get directv free installation w/hd box monthly for 39.95 and then get ATT dsl for 19.95 a month do the math twc will nickel and dime you

Old 11-20-2010, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,733 times
I have had issues with my TWC DVR box(ES) since having the first one installed over a year ago. I think I'm on number three or four now. Also have had issues with their service. I do like their high speed internet. I really wish there were a way to pay a bill online without having to sign up for automatic bill-pay, though.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:49 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarP View Post
I have had issues with my TWC DVR box(ES) since having the first one installed over a year ago. I think I'm on number three or four now. Also have had issues with their service. I do like their high speed internet. I really wish there were a way to pay a bill online without having to sign up for automatic bill-pay, though.
We've had a "dud" DVR box too. Ended up exchanging it for another and haven't had problems since.

I pay online each month and I don't do automatic bill-pay. I refuse to do that as I've had problems in the past with other service providers double-dipping so to speak so I log on each month and pay.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 AM

778 posts, read 2,503,869 times
I'm moving to a place where currently, my beloved U-Verse is not available. I'm looking at going with DirectTV for my TV needs. Is it possible to get one of the lower end packages and pay extra for HBO and Showtime (required in my house) and still be worth it, or do I have to just suck it up and purchase the most expensive package that includes HBO & Showtime?

Suggestions?

Old 11-21-2010, 07:00 AM

4,331 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
I'm moving to a place where currently, my beloved U-Verse is not available. I'm looking at going with DirectTV for my TV needs. Is it possible to get one of the lower end packages and pay extra for HBO and Showtime (required in my house) and still be worth it, or do I have to just suck it up and purchase the most expensive package that includes HBO & Showtime?

Suggestions?
HBO & Showtime are available as add-ons with the lesser packages ($14.99/month & $12.99/month, respectively). The least expensive package, "Choice", is currently $58.99/month with local channels, after expiration of new-customer promotions. HD channels are not included with the lesser packages, so again, another add-on and an additional $10/month if you want them.

So, for example, if you got the Choice package w/local channels, with HBO & Showtime, your total would be $86.97/month, less taxes. You would not have HD channels, or DVR service at those prices with that package.

DirecTV offers heavily discounted rates for your first year of service, which generally requires a two-year commitment. Penalty for early termination. Also, the contract installer who comes out to install your service may also have you sign an agreement to keep your service active for maybe just one year. This is not the same as DirecTV's two-year agreement. It protects the installer against a possible chargeback from DirecTV if you terminate your service early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio