Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:06 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times

Advertisements

I have been out there and havent really seen any movement on this redevelopment. Maybe they are just at the development stage of it, but there are no obvious signs of the reconstruction yet as I can see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 10:32 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Costco just recently opened their third SA area store in Selma but already there is a fourth planned. The new Costco is planned for the Centerview Crossing development off 410 and Callaghan. I know you Westplex residents are going to be disappointed but never say never!
Costco's at 410 and Callaghan... that would be much closer for me since I live in the Jefferson area. I love Costco's, especially for quality meats and great prices. Sure beats paying $20 for one "not that great" ribeye at Central Market. You can buy three of better quality ribeye's at Costco's for less than $30. They pay attention to detail when it comes to quality products. Did anybody know that The Container Store has received 7 National Awards for being the best employer.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:08 PM

90 posts, read 290,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I have been out there and havent really seen any movement on this redevelopment. Maybe they are just at the development stage of it, but there are no obvious signs of the reconstruction yet as I can see.
Most of what's going on is internal to one of the big box stores.
Trust me, there's a LOT of work going on inside of there right now, it's just not visible (yet).

Old 12-21-2007, 01:49 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
I trust that there is.. just cant wait to see it happen and what it does for the economy on that side of town. It is about time some kind of development, other then the large retail distribution offices, has occured. Hopefully it brings the Walzem Road area back to where it was back in its hey day!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:28 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
People looking for a job in those areas should be excited that more stores are opening. Costco is widely regarded as one of the best places to work in retail.

http://www.priceviewer.com/costco/costco_employment.htm

It SOUNDS good; it's an old link though, apparently....
wonder if it's all still true.....

I clicked on the coupon link from this same page the link takes us to, only to find coupons that expired in 2005..... ???

Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 PM

925 posts, read 1,228,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I trust that there is.. just cant wait to see it happen and what it does for the economy on that side of town. It is about time some kind of development, other then the large retail distribution offices, has occured. Hopefully it brings the Walzem Road area back to where it was back in its hey day!
Have you hard of Tech Town? A new mixed-use new urbanism development planned for the land just south of Windsor?

Old 05-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
It SOUNDS good; it's an old link though, apparently....
wonder if it's all still true.....
Costco continues to win awards as an employer and it shows up on many "Best Places to Work" lists compiled by magazines. I'd say it's still true.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:08 PM

4 posts, read 10,256 times
what's rackspace?

Old 05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabailey View Post
what's rackspace?
It's an Internet hosting company based in San Antonio.

Dedicated Server - Dedicated Server Hosting - Managed Dedicated Server by Rackspace

Rackspace's business is expanding rapidly and the company is moving to new headquarters in the former Windsor Park Mall on I-35 near Windcrest.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:36 PM

4 posts, read 10,256 times
Oh ok, I'll have to take a look at this. Moderator cut: off topic but thanks for the response.

Last edited by autumngal; 05-26-2008 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio