Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 10:58 PM

452 posts, read 1,029,029 times

Advertisements

ChrisMP - You've obviously never spent time in California, if you believe that San Antonio is the worst place for cell phone use while driving. I think you just don't like San Antonio, so everything you focus on is through a negative eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 11:19 PM

107 posts, read 238,938 times
So His, You think it is good here? Do you do it yourself? Do you put up with it from friends. Or..I guess....you think it is not that bad here? I would like to here from others who hate this and wish SA would change and grow just a little bit up.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMP View Post
So His, You think it is good here? Do you do it yourself? Do you put up with it from friends. Or..I guess....you think it is not that bad here? I would like to here from others who hate this and wish SA would change and grow just a little bit up.
Then start a unique thread. This thread is not designed for that. Off topic.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:46 PM

107 posts, read 238,938 times
Really? What SA is missing? So Class is not some thing that counts???

Old 04-27-2009, 11:49 PM

898 posts, read 2,565,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMP View Post
Really? What SA is missing? So Class is not some thing that counts???
How does people using cell phones while driving turn into a class discussion? Look around any major city in the US for 30 seconds and you will see someone talking on the phone. (bluetooth or not)

Old 04-28-2009, 12:24 AM

175 posts, read 304,344 times
Alot of you who enjoy life in SA can't understand those of us who hate it...but I have never HATED a place the way I hate SA. When I wake up in the morning, and leave the house, I'm bitter. This city has made me so bitter and so angry and so unfriendly. I swear, it's completely changed my personality and disposition (something I didn't think was possible), and it's really not healthy.

That's why I post here...because it's a form of therapy, and because I want to make sure that NO ONE else (who may get an inaccurate picture of this city from the incessant positive and pro-SA biased posts) makes this mistake. Many of you can't see it, but there really is no place like SA...the people, the mentality, the culture...you either love it or you hate it.

Because, no matter how much money you make or how great your job is, if you live in a city you hate, you will be miserable. And before I moved here, I always thought that there were positive and negative aspects of living in a city. I can't find a single positive aspect of living in SA.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:57 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,782,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XVS View Post
San Antonio is inhabited by people who never leave SA so they have no clue about what happens outside of SA. Their small-minded mentalities contribute the small-town atmosphere.
This is what you do each time you post.

http://www.building.co.uk/Pictures/436xAny/s/u/k/Page_3.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-28-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Alot of you who enjoy life in SA can't understand those of us who hate it...but I have never HATED a place the way I hate SA. When I wake up in the morning, and leave the house, I'm bitter. This city has made me so bitter and so angry and so unfriendly. I swear, it's completely changed my personality and disposition (something I didn't think was possible), and it's really not healthy.

That's why I post here...because it's a form of therapy, and because I want to make sure that NO ONE else (who may get an inaccurate picture of this city from the incessant positive and pro-SA biased posts) makes this mistake. Many of you can't see it, but there really is no place like SA...the people, the mentality, the culture...you either love it or you hate it.

Because, no matter how much money you make or how great your job is, if you live in a city you hate, you will be miserable. And before I moved here, I always thought that there were positive and negative aspects of living in a city. I can't find a single positive aspect of living in SA.
Sounds like you have issues and SA isn't one of them. Good luck dealing with them.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
1. San Antonio needs to accept that it will never be a corporate/business focused economic force and focus on it's true strengths in addition to strengthening the industry it's got.
It's got? Such poor grammar from someone so smart and sophisticated?

Quote:
City government needs to make sure no more companies leave as AT&T did.
If you were as sophisticated, cosmopolitan and just so much better than the rest of us as you believe yourself to be, you'd have read the paper or some internet article explaining how the local city government begin doing this months and months ago, last fall actually.

Quote:
2. San Antonio as a whole needs to get off it's fat behind and reject a sedentary lifestyle. This includes eating healthier and staying away from high fat foods, staying active, and working out. Perhaps if there were more health food stores throughout the city, less fast food chains, and more sidewalks, people could actually acommplish this.
More health food stores? I can't buy healthy food at an HEB Plus? Seriously or do I have to go to a all organic place that costs twice as much because it's "cool."

Last time I checked, basic health foods like vegetables and fruits can be purchased at HEB Plus.

Quote:
3. San Antonio needs to improve the cultural offerings it's got.
I agree, if only to correct some people's poor grammar when they're trying to put others down.

Quote:
Museums, theatre, opera need improvement, and the people of San Antonio need to take more vested interest in their cities' art culture.
Quote:
Again, a lot of my complaints with San Antonio are due to the city's demographic.....and as I wrote previously, cities just don't make radical "changes"....
Not trying to think too deeply here or wrongly interpret what you're saying but basically, you don't like Hispanic people.

Quote:
Yes, San Antonio needs these things...but will they come soon enough? Not for me, I'm leaving for Austin in less than a month.
And San Antonio will be better off. Seriously. No, seriously.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 AM

898 posts, read 2,565,534 times
I wouldn't get too freaked out about the SA haters. It's the internet, so you never really know if they are here to stir the pot or really do wake up each morning bitter b/c of the city they live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio