Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2008, 10:28 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
BJ's? What's that?
BJ's Restaurants

I have been there before...Decent menu...brew their own beer...including root beer which is quite delicious...and the only beer I drink. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,693 times
Worst Sonic on the NW side is at Culebra & Pipers Creek. Passing off large cups of soft ice cream as a milkshake and giving out cherry limeades with no cherries. Idiots !!!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
BJ's Restaurants

I have been there before...Decent menu...brew their own beer...including root beer which is quite delicious...and the only beer I drink. LOL
Menu looks interesting... chicken, pizza and fish tacos! Hard to go wrong with those.

I have a vague recollection of hearing (here and elsewhere) that a brewpub was coming to town. I guess the name didn't stick with me.

Thanks for the link.

If you like restaurant-brewed root beer, you should try the root beer at Jaenicke's across from Churchill high school. I like the breaded mushrooms they sell as a side, along with just about any sandwich on their menu.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:36 AM

796 posts, read 3,048,773 times
I saw that they are building a Freddy's Frozen Custard off of 1604 and NW Military area, in the same area they are building the new Acadamy. Their webside said that they are supposed to open this month, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. They also list that they are going to open one off of Potranco in November.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 PM

181 posts, read 674,112 times
I was watching SA Living this morning and the chef from Roaring Fork was on making an awesome duck salad. They are opening on Monday, June 23rd and are located right next to Wildfish. I can't wait! The menu looks so good!!

Welcome to Eddie V's

Old 06-16-2008, 12:25 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,194 times
Saw the other day that the Mexican Ice Cream place next to Cielto Lindo on Stone Oak Parkway is now a Shakes Frozen Custard. Interesting!

Shake's Frozen Custard, Inc. (http://www.shakesfrozencustard.com/storeinfo.php?st=TX&sc=San%20Antonio - broken link)

However it looks like they have stopped construction on the one at 1-35 and 1604 near the new Burlington and it's not listed on the website as a Coming Soon.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
Saw the other day that the Mexican Ice Cream place next to Cielto Lindo on Stone Oak Parkway is now a Shakes Frozen Custard. Interesting!

Shake's Frozen Custard, Inc. (http://www.shakesfrozencustard.com/storeinfo.php?st=TX&sc=San%20Antonio - broken link)

However it looks like they have stopped construction on the one at 1-35 and 1604 near the new Burlington and it's not listed on the website as a Coming Soon.
Oh, that is very interesting indeed about Shakes! I have been wanting to try their butter burger and custard...but every time I was over by DeZavala, we had just come from Hu Hot and were stuffed! LOL

Do you recall what cross street it was on Stone Oak Parkway?

I was over there last week and they were building a new Taco Cabana...just down the street from where??? Sonic! LOLOL

Old 06-16-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
Oh, that is very interesting indeed about Shakes! I have been wanting to try their butter burger and custard...but every time I was over by DeZavala, we had just come from Hu Hot and were stuffed! LOL

Do you recall what cross street it was on Stone Oak Parkway?

I was over there last week and they were building a new Taco Cabana...just down the street from where??? Sonic! LOLOL
I think you may be thinking of Culver's? Shakes does not sell burgers. I am excited of have a Shake's near. I used to live near one in Leander. My favorites are the Pink Poodle and the Shake's Bopper.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
I think you may be thinking of Culver's? Shakes does not sell burgers. I am excited of have a Shake's near. I used to live near one in Leander. My favorites are the Pink Poodle and the Shake's Bopper.
*insert red face here* and a real LOL.

Yes, that is it! LOL Gee, I was even on their website, you would have thought I would have looked at their menu...though I have now.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:15 PM

LOL, Culver's would be a good addition, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio