Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 08:08 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
so did I see you? It took forever to spend the $10. First I got this organizer thing and a ream of paper, but found out the paper was 2/$6, but actually over $6 if you only bought one.. Then I didn't spend enough, so we ended up staying about an hour there and spent 31 cents.
Then I went to BB and got a Flip. Not a bad deal with the $10 gift card for spending over $100 and a $5 reward zone certificate. That ended up pretty much $110 and it's normally $150
Nah...I'm going tomorrow instead. I got stuffed on Wing Stop wings..and ended up taking a nap!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:26 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
If you (or anyone) would care to list specific policy that either Obama or McCain is running on and either say you are for or against, I'll consider joining the debate. Ambiguous claims of inexperience or Hitler or "8 more years" simply doesn't interest me.
Nah, I have no desire to debate. I don't find it very entertaining, to be honest.

My intention was to point out that the whole 'pottle/kettle/black' was out of line, given the poster to whom you were responding had made comments in her post which were pretty clear on where her support lay (lies? I can never get those straight).

Old 08-31-2008, 12:09 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Don't really care to engage in the political banter, but I find this statement to be interesting.

Inexperience? Inexperience? Inexperience? I'm sorry, but my jaw keeps dropping each time anyone who might support Mr. Obama (and I don't know that you do) could site inexperience in any other candidate as a negative. Frankly, in politics, inexperience may be a good thing. but regardless, anyone from the Obama side discounting Sarah Palin's lack of experience is simply laughable. Dare I say it? Pot/Kettle/Black?
I don't see anyone here on this site that is supporting Obalogna and then citing the inexperience of Sarah Palin. I guess you should read ALL my previous posts.
I believe I've made it pretty clear I am not an Obalogna fan. I am less clear on Sarah Palin. I do know that she has very little experience. John McCain's age causes me to wish his choice to be of someone with MUCH more experience than she has.

It is pretty clear in all of my posts that I am NOT on 'the Obalogna side'.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
I would argue that, unless one has been a president before, nobody has the "experience." Of course, that is a huge fallacy, but you get the point. Certainly, McCain has more resume material than Obama. But, as I'm sure we've all noticed in our own lives, sometimes people with a lot of resume experience are still not qualified or able to adequately perform the duties of the job.

Just a thought...

--Dim

The experience I refer to, that I believe IS necessary to be of any significant consequence in such a high political position is the ability to work with the Senate and the House. We know for certain that there are many men and women who do have experience in that, while she has very little.
But, as I've said more than once in prior posts, if you care to go back and check, is NOT THAT *I*, PERSONALLY FIND HER TO BE SO LACKING, in whatEVER arena, but that the population in general will find her to be lacking and this will not be a winnable ticket. I want McCain to have/BE a wining ticket.
I could be wrong and I hope that I am, but I dont' think I am.
I have had to re-state this three times now. No one appears to be reading it.

Last edited by PopsGuysRule; 08-31-2008 at 12:35 AM..

Old 08-31-2008, 12:47 AM

I have come onto this forum and expressed my views fairly clearly. I don't know how anyone could read my posts and come away with any confusion as to where I stand or why.
I have enjoyed an interesting conversation with rd about this latest development, but one or two of you came in 'swinging', and your posts clearly indicate you didn't even really know what you were 'swinging at' or why.

I'm done. I only have one vote, as do you all.
I don't and never have professed to be deeply politically involved, but I have been concerned, yes, that McCain's choice may not be attractive to many in this country. If he were to lose due to a bad ticket choice, I would be sick. I am not psychic and cannot predict that will be the case. But, I would be heartsick if Senator McCain were to lose this race because of his choice of running mate. You are all bashing me for citing her inexperience. Sorry, I haven't written any newspaper or magazine articles for years. It's someone else who is saying that about her.
If THEIR articles sway voters (and they most often do) and McCain loses because of that, I will be sorely disappointed.

Now, if you can find one place at all that I stated a personal opinion about Ms. Palin, show it to me and I will try to talk RD into sharing his Rudy's bucket with you IF it turns out I owe him the Rudy's bucket. I don't know Ms. Palin. Most of what I have read has stated she lacks political and governmental experience.

Over and out, knock yourselves out.........

Old 08-31-2008, 08:31 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
I think she has had some experience as governor. Regan was a governor too let's remember. She doesn't seem to be intimidated by anyones position so while she may lack experience as some people say I don't think it will limit her. From what I've heard so far she is for drilling in Alaska. Another plus as far as I am concerned.
It seems many Obamas are saying that she is inexperienced and is a heartbeat away. I think what Pops was trying to say (and many others are trying to say) is that Obama is not a heartbeat away but IS there should he be elected with his "lack of experience".

We are a house divided. Hubby is for Obama and I am for McCain.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:09 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
hopefully you can knock some sense into him

Old 08-31-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
......snipped for relevancd...... I think what Pops was trying to say (and many others are trying to say) is that Obama is not a heartbeat away but IS there should he be elected with his "lack of experience". .......snipped for relevance......
Not at all what I was trying to say, and not even in the realm of what I was trying to say. I have already said what I said, and I wasn't 'trying' to say it - I said it.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:33 AM

260 posts, read 573,431 times
Politics and Chickens.

BARACK OBAMA:
The chicken crossed the road because it was time for a CHANGE! The chicken wanted CHANGE!

JOHN MC CAIN:
My friends, that chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON:
When I was First Lady, I personally helped that little chicken to cross the road. This experience makes me uniquely qualified to ensure -- right from Day One! -- that every chicken in this country gets the chance it deserves to cross the road. But then, this really isn't about me.......

GEORGE W. BUSH:
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.

COLIN POWELL:
Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road...

DR SEUSS:
Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

GRANDPA:
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

ARISTOTLE:
It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON:
Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES:
I have just released eChicken2007, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your check book.
Internet Explorer is an integral part of the Chicken. This new platform is much more stable and will never cra...#@&&^(C%
.......... reboot.

ALBERT EINSTEIN:
Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

BILL CLINTON:
I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

AL GORE:
I invented the chicken!

COLONEL SANDERS:
Did I miss one?

d*** CHENEY:
Where's my gun?

Old 08-31-2008, 11:43 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
hopefully you can knock some sense into him
I've been trying that for 20 years!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio