Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:25 AM

222 posts, read 706,790 times

Advertisements

Obviously none of you frequent the lovely and often understated Ingram area (hardy har, I know). They're all at the Valero on Timberhill and Wurzbach/Ingram now . . . as early as 5 pm I've seen them . . . and there's a SELECTION. They get run off after a while but they come back and stay off to the side away from the windows (I know this because I REFUSE to get off the car and go inside when we stop there. . which is NEVER after the last few hooker-fests).

GRODY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 11:43 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,054,525 times
Why walk the streets when you can use the internet

Old 08-08-2008, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 7,407 times
Default me too...

I'm a "photographer" too. And would like to take some "photos" of some gay street hustlers. Where would I find them?

Old 08-08-2008, 06:47 PM

378 posts, read 1,442,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maluminse View Post
wow thats quite interesting. When you say "we" had a legal red light district do you mean in SA or the US. President Eisenhower pressured sa city council? wow wow wo I had no idea.

Photos in in E. St. Louis? why there? and were they related to the red light here? Why would you take this bit of Americana down? Would like to read it.
I heard somewhere around Woodlawn area was the Red Light District of SA.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 PM

778 posts, read 2,504,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling photographer View Post
I'm a "photographer" too. And would like to take some "photos" of some gay street hustlers. Where would I find them?
Yea, that's what ya wanna do. Take some "photos" wink, wink.

I have heard if you go to Pinn Road by Hiway 90 near Lackland, you'll find some photography subjects.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:40 PM

187 posts, read 946,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
I heard somewhere around Woodlawn area was the Red Light District of SA.

no way. wow again. im so researching this. I live just outside of woodlawn and used to live in the Jeff area. I heard it was quite affluent in the 50's and many homes are really nice.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:13 PM

378 posts, read 1,442,676 times
did you know that during the depression the peace corps. used to have a training facility on the westside cause it had economic problems you would face in a third world country. like no paved roads, electricity in the houses, no clean running water, and beat up shacks for houses. Also the presidents wife visited here and said "this was the worst slum in America." I forgot which president it was.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:18 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,559,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
did you know that during the depression the peace corps. used to have a training facility on the westside cause it had economic problems you would face in a third world country. like no paved roads, electricity in the houses, no clean running water, and beat up shacks for houses. Also the presidents wife visited here and said "this was the worst slum in America." I forgot which president it was.
Wasn't the Peace Corps established by JFK, c. 1960? So there wouldn't have been a Peace Corps training facility during the Depression of the 30s.

I've no doubt the area was Third World-like then (and in some parts of Bexar County is now), however. Just don't think it was the Peace Corps training in the 30s...

Old 08-10-2008, 09:20 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,559,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maluminse View Post
no way. wow again. im so researching this. I live just outside of woodlawn and used to live in the Jeff area. I heard it was quite affluent in the 50's and many homes are really nice.
Can't comment on the Woodlawn area, but the area just by Market Square downtown - where the old K-Mart used to be was the 'official' Red Light District for a very long time (I can't recall the years now). There are some great stories...a few people have compiled histories of that Red Light district.

The City's Immunization Clinic on W. Commerce used to be a brothel, there are still room #s above the doors.... would have been more appropriate to be the STD clinic

Old 02-22-2009, 03:25 AM

1 posts, read 6,591 times
OMG, so is that what we call it now...oh yes Im going to get my camera and take some real gritty pictures of real life hookers. Ok, sure...I gotcha.. I bet there will be pictures of the inside of a few of those hourly hotsheet hotels too. ROFLMAO! Good luck in your "journalism quest"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio