Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:34 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,463 times

Advertisements

mediocre talent at best. never liked the guy and his tattoo artists are just ok if you ask me. nothing like my good friend weldon lewis at mr. lucky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
Talent? Does he actually do tattoos himself? I thought he was just pimpin some of the good artist in town, (Collin if you read this no offense to you).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 09:09 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Referenced from the San Jose PD:

Profile of a Tagger
How you can tell if your child is a graffiti vandal or doing gang graffiti.

Some indications that your child may be a tagger are:

* Your child stays out until early morning or all night.
* Your child frequently wears a large back pack or baggy pants. Clothing may be paint stained. Packs and loose clothing can be used to hold paint cans or carry graffiti tools.
* Your child sleeps during the day.
* Your child has paint on the tips of his/her fingers.
* Your child has permanent marker stains on his/her hands.
* Your child has graffiti magazines, flyers, a "piece book," or other portfolio of tags.
* Your child possesses large quantities of "My Name Is" stickers or other large stickers used for "sticker tagging."
* Your child is in possession of graffiti paraphernalia such as markers, etching tools, spray paint, bug spray and starch cans. The bug spray cans are used to make tags that will only show up in the rain. (Sharp rocks, metal scribes, awls, or screwdrivers are used as etching tools.)
* Your child is in the age group statistically associated with tagging, ages 12-18 (sometimes older).
* Your child has graffiti displays or tags on clothing, binders, backpacks, and the underside of the bill of their hat.
* Tags you see on the walls of your neighborhood are seen on your child's walls, books, and clothing.
* Your child is frequently deceitful about his/her activities.
* Your child has quantities of paint in cans but does not have the income to afford it.
* Your child associates with other children with the traits described above.

Remember that taggers can come from any race, religion,
social group, or from any family financial status.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:18 PM

472 posts, read 1,792,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

Profile of a Tagger

* Your child frequently wears a large back pack or baggy pants. Clothing may be paint stained. Packs and loose clothing can be used to hold paint cans or carry graffiti tools.
* Your child has graffiti magazines, flyers, a "piece book," or other portfolio of tags.
* Your child possesses large quantities of "My Name Is" stickers or other large stickers used for "sticker tagging."
* Your child is in possession of graffiti paraphernalia such as markers, etching tools, spray paint, bug spray and starch cans. The bug spray cans are used to make tags that will only show up in the rain. (Sharp rocks, metal scribes, awls, or screwdrivers are used as etching tools.)
* Your child is in the age group statistically associated with tagging, ages 12-18 (sometimes older).
* Your child has graffiti displays or tags on clothing, binders, backpacks, and the underside of the bill of their hat.
* Tags you see on the walls of your neighborhood are seen on your child's walls, books, and clothing.
* Your child has quantities of paint in cans but does not have the income to afford it.

Whoa, that was me in 86'.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:47 AM

504 posts, read 1,457,463 times
ok, the bold one's are pretty general and obviously can be cross referenced to any other kinds of negative activities. the rest you can pretty much plug the words "drugs" and "gangs".

so anyone here can insert what you want, where you want and take to your next community meeting. i have a different approach like busting the neighborhoods kids in the act and then talking it out with their folks.

we are a bit unorthadox, but we get er dun!
Quote:

Profile of a Tagger

Old 08-21-2008, 08:34 AM

The point of a "profile" is to give an "overall" picture. It's not a laundry list to pick and choose. This was provided for pro-active parents/guardians/teachers/relatives who may be concerned about anyone who may be involved in tagging.

This list is basically useless for parents that are not "parenting".

Old 08-21-2008, 09:07 AM

361 posts, read 924,912 times
Quote:
The point of a "profile" is to give an "overall" picture. It's not a laundry list to pick and choose. This was provided for pro-active parents/guardians/teachers/relatives who may be concerned about anyone who may be involved in tagging.

This list is basically useless for parents that are not "parenting".

Which is a lot of parents of teens.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock's Beard View Post
Which is a lot of parents of teens.
yes...sadly.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
I realize this is an old thread, but I did notice a lot of graffiti when we were in SA last week. I see it hasn't gotten any better than what was going on a year or two ago.

I would love to stalk some taggers, follow them home, wait until they go inside, and spray paint the heck out of their parents' car/yard/mailbox/house with a nice note included.

I wonder how effective that might be? Hmm.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:50 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
"parents" (there are a LOT of people here that only technically qualify for that term) here are the root of the problem. My kids did not hang out all night and knew that they were on their own if they ever did do something like that. I made it very clear that bail money would never come from us if they ever decided to cave in to peer pressure. It's not difficult, but it takes a small amount of effort and that appears to be asking for a lot these days unfortunately.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I would love to stalk some taggers, follow them home, wait until they go inside, and spray paint the heck out of their parents' car/yard/mailbox/house with a nice note included.

I wonder how effective that might be? Hmm.
Probably not effective at all. Most of their parents probably could give a shizz what their kid is up to and are clueless that he/she is involved in that crap to begin with. I would personally love to catch one and spray paint him in the face a la Sean Penn in "Colors."

I am so sick of it all over my neighborhood. Its so bad, the city doesn't even bother replacing or repainting their own property cause they know it will just get jacked up again. And its not even good work, its just a bunch of illegible caca - which I am sure has some sort of territorial meaning to it but whatever, if you're going to waste your time putting it up there to begin with at least make it look good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio