Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:26 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Ya wanna make a mall successful? Anchor it with a strip club. Then, husbands would be happy to let the wife shop and they could say, "I'll wait for you in the food court". Of course, you'd want the food court to be next to the strip club.

That is a brilliant idea. You and I should go into business together!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
That is a brilliant idea. You and I should go into business together!!!
And I just want to own the ATM that spits out ones all night long. I could retire in a month or two. And I know, she really, really, likes you.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:28 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And I just want to own the ATM that spits out ones all night long. I could retire in a month or two. And I know, she really, really, likes you.
No Sapphire, she's just trying to work her way through college. THEN she'll get a real job once she graduates. I'm sure they just want to help her follow her dreams.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:14 PM

34 posts, read 98,308 times
If I am right, they are redoing the HEB to be a 24 hour HEB. Bigger and better. Don't recall if its going to be a HEB Plus.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:57 PM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,626,559 times
Smile Westlakes mall

This was a great mall at one time. Of course, Ingram Park Mall opened before Westlakes Mall. Ingram Park in 1979, and Westlakes in 1983. Westlakes was a nice mall for the neighborhood area-had awesome stores/boutiques. However, Ingram Park Mall was the place to be with a movie theatre in the mall, restaurants, and many stores with the latest fashions. Westlake had a Lubys and ChickfilA, also a great Pizza restaurant. A few local boutiques (Purse Snatcher) and of course, my favorite Lerners!!! So sad to see it deteriorate the way it did!!! My favorite place now is Alamo Ranch, Village at Stone Oak, The Rim, and La Cantera Mall.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:33 PM

9 posts, read 26,863 times
Does anyone have pictures of inside Westlakes Mall?

Old 12-02-2008, 12:37 PM

9 posts, read 26,863 times
Default 25th Anniversery

A security guard that's at Westlakes told me the mall was taken down 25 years to the day it was built. It sucks that they had to tear it down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by preciouskitty207 View Post
This was a great mall at one time. Of course, Ingram Park Mall opened before Westlakes Mall. Ingram Park in 1979, and Westlakes in 1983. Westlakes was a nice mall for the neighborhood area-had awesome stores/boutiques. However, Ingram Park Mall was the place to be with a movie theatre in the mall, restaurants, and many stores with the latest fashions. Westlake had a Lubys and ChickfilA, also a great Pizza restaurant. A few local boutiques (Purse Snatcher) and of course, my favorite Lerners!!! So sad to see it deteriorate the way it did!!! My favorite place now is Alamo Ranch, Village at Stone Oak, The Rim, and La Cantera Mall.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
wow, looks like Westlakes takes some of you down memory lane good for you, Unfortuantely I checked it out when it was near its end. and all I saw was a bunch of crack smokers there. Im kinda glad they tore it down. Now they migrated to that beat down gas station a couple blocks east of marbach.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:51 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
wow, looks like Westlakes takes some of you down memory lane good for you, Unfortuantely I checked it out when it was near its end. and all I saw was a bunch of crack smokers there. Im kinda glad they tore it down. Now they migrated to that beat down gas station a couple blocks east of marbach.
Just remember........the places that are beloved to you now will one day be full of crack smokers. See what you have to look forward to?

Take lots of pictures of how those places are now, for posterity's sake.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:09 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times
I remember going to Westlakes in the mid 80s a couple of times...my Mom and I would head into the Target that was located adjacent to it. I always thought it was a glorified baby mall and nowhere near as big as Ingram Park.

Is the old location still going to be an HEB Plus??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio