Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:15 PM

69 posts, read 301,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
A few years ago when it was still open, a woman did go in there, see her husband with another woman, and then she drove over him and killed him in the parking lot. I hope that wasn't your mom!
No LOL luckily that wasn't. Though I'm sure she might have wanted to a couple of times. But this was like 15 yrs ago.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:05 PM

898 posts, read 2,894,412 times
Hey Snippet, that club on Bandera/loop 410 was called "Acapulco Fantasies"
I dont remember the wild zebra being called zig-zags, but I do remember it being called Zigfields. and wasnt The Top O The Strip the oldest strip club in the city?
Giorgios was my hangout from 92 till it closed. Sugars is the place to be now.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:48 PM

351 posts, read 1,584,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
Hey Snippet, that club on Bandera/loop 410 was called "Acapulco Fantasies"
I dont remember the wild zebra being called zig-zags, but I do remember it being called Zigfields. and wasnt The Top O The Strip the oldest strip club in the city?
Giorgios was my hangout from 92 till it closed. Sugars is the place to be now.

Yeah, now I remember, Ziegfields. Zig Zag was off of 410 when it changes into 35 I believe.

Giorgio's, fond mamories (oh sorry, i mean MEMORIES).

Sugar's, is the food any good these days?

I used to cook there and I can just ope that the place fell apart without me there.

Top o the Strip should have been called Bottom o the Barrel

I have never seen so much body hair, beer bellies, & c-section scars as I did at that place!

Later,

crazedchef

Old 10-14-2007, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 10,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage007 View Post
Does anybody remember the locations of some of SA's old gentelmens clubs? Where they were located, and what the names of them were? A friend of mine from Cali was surprised that we have so many here, which got me to thinking.....how many have gone the way of the Dinosaur.

Theres another great thread here about remembering old SA, kinda the same thing here but I didnt want to ruin the other thread with S-club talk.

All I remember was Gergio's at 410 and Callahan. Its now a night club called Bogies (for old people 40 and up...from what I heard). There was also one called Top O' the Strip located off San Pedro. I not sure if that is right, or where it was located. Was it where the Tiffany's Billards is now? There was also some type of adult store (before Megaplex) located where HW90 and Hunt Lane meet, does anyone remember that place. My grandmother and I would drive home that way when I was young. I would always say..."Im going there when I grow up" and laugh. Now my grandfather was grown up and he went there a lot...thats how I knew what it was. I think they make molds for swimming pools there now, or they always have and it just closed.

San Antonites please chime in.
Could it be 8741 club? All nude. First time there was around 1976-77. I was under 18yrs old. The girls would get down and dirty.
If I remember right the owner's name was Tony, he also owned the place by San Pedro and Hildbrand I think it was called The Show
palace

Old 10-14-2007, 11:24 PM

898 posts, read 2,894,412 times
I remember once when Dennis Rodman came into Pt's to talk to his then girlfriend, who danced there. she had short blonde hair.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:24 AM

546 posts, read 3,103,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
Top o the Strip should have been called Bottom o the Barrel

I have never seen so much body hair, beer bellies, & c-section scars as I did at that place!

Later,

crazedchef
Speaking of Top O' the Strip, remember that huge neon sign out front with the burleque gal shaking those nipple tassles to and fro? It looked right out of some 1960's Dean Martin Las Vegas flick, well, when the place closed, they tossed the sign out back, and it just sat there for a while...Well, I spoke with the current inhabitants of the building after a few weeks, the Zilkia's bridal people, and asked to buy the sign from them (I was going to store it and do lord knows what with it - I'm just an Americana roadside neon-nut type, and HAD to have it). Anyway, I offered them some good cash for it, they said they would call me back, I waited a few days, no call, so I called them back again, they said the same thing, they would call back, etc., well, they never did, so I drove by to speak with them again, and the dang sign was gone. I went in to speak with the owners, and the employees said the owners weren't there, etc. (just like what I tell my employees to say when anyone asks for me at my business ) - bastards. Bet they sold it on eBay and it's sitting in some eccentric car collectors private warehouse museum (yes, they exist, a few in SA even, believe it or not).

BTW, AVOID XTC Cabaret, the bouncers really beat the hell outta some good friends of mine not long ago, and these guys are artsy-fartsy skinny dudes from King William who'd never hurt a fly, they'd just never been to a strip club before and thought it would be a kick, yeah, well, it was a LITERAL kick...in the HEAD!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:38 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,815 times
What about The Waterhole # 3

Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Duh......silly me...I was thinking of some old classic cigar bars with old stuffy overdressed pontificators and the who's who crowd of elitists!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,585,752 times
Water Hole #3, I was just going to say that. Some freinds of mine used to play in the band there when we were in High School. We were to young to even drink.There was also the Peppermint Lounge on San Pedro, I think it closed in the early 70's. Also back in the early 70's there was a strip club on Bandera just inside 410 I think was called the Cadillac Club. The sign had a real Caddi on top of a pole. There was Tommy's Inferno downtown, that was even before my time. Fertile Turtle on Goliad Road. There was also a place many tears ago on the corner of Hackberry and Durango. They only had one dancer, but she was gorgeous. Can't remember the name of the place.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:52 AM

546 posts, read 3,103,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Duh......silly me...I was thinking of some old classic cigar bars with old stuffy overdressed pontificators and the who's who crowd of elitists!

Ha ha, I know, that term sounds like some private club where old-moneyed types sit in those huge leather chairs, sipping 200 year old scotch, discussing the merits of Ayn Rand.

I've always found the term "gentleman's clubs" questionable myself - I just call 'em topless joints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio