Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:11 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
very few places here will do anything that is not legal.

and how did you get tint on the front windows in California? Last time I lived there you couldn't get any at all. all the SUV's look retarded over there
I had it done privately. He did a great job with super dark tint too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 11:17 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I just called my insurance agent..he said that it wouldn't affect our insurance rates since it isn't considered a moving violation. He also said that my wife could take a defensive driving course and the court would dismiss the ticket.
The fine seems to be $190 for the ticket. The defensive driving course would be $110 or so..thereby saving $80. My agent also said that we would receive a 10% discount on our auto insurance just for taking the course.
Sounds like a deal to me. She's a stay at home mom and has plenty of time to take the course on line.
I'm not 100% sure about this but you may still have to pay court cost on top of that $110. It's not a moving violation so I'd just pay the full fine..It will cost the same.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:18 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
The online comedy course was the best route for me, but do you really want to use this "silver bullet" on a non-moving violation? I would recommend saving it for a speeding ticket or something that could affect your insurance rates. You can only take it once a year...

Cheers! M2

Old 12-16-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
The online comedy course was the best route for me, but do you really want to use this "silver bullet" on a non-moving violation? I would recommend saving it for a speeding ticket or something that could affect your insurance rates. You can only take it once a year...

Cheers! M2
I see...only good once per year. While it's unlikely that she'll receive another ticket anytime soon,one never knows.
Maybe it is best just to pay the $190 and have it done with.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I'm not 100% sure about this but you may still have to pay court cost on top of that $110. It's not a moving violation so I'd just pay the full fine..It will cost the same.
I believe that includes the court cost. $100 for the course + $10 court fee.
Can I get a AAA discount?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:27 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I would ask them if you can simply change it to legal tint and bring it in and show them. Or is the city that hard up for money these days?
and you can do defensive driving twice in a year, but a judge has to approve it. as far as insurance discounts, I would rather have a lower price than a company that offers a million discounts. I used to literally have about 10 discounts with Allstate. Now I pay a lot less money with Progressive and have no discounts.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:38 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
You can also ask for a probation, not as much as paying the full fine, sort of deferred adjudacation type, you get one of those every year also. I believe its only $100 and no course at all. check online or on the back of the ticket, it should give you all the options. Also, I believe Mothers window tint has the meter which will test your windows for legality.
Follow this link, it gives you all the options for SA Municipal courts :

City of San Antonio Municipal Court Options

Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I would ask them if you can simply change it to legal tint and bring it in and show them. Or is the city that hard up for money these days?
and you can do defensive driving twice in a year, but a judge has to approve it. as far as insurance discounts, I would rather have a lower price than a company that offers a million discounts. I used to literally have about 10 discounts with Allstate. Now I pay a lot less money with Progressive and have no discounts.
Me too....but our Umbrella Policy requires my auto insurance to be at higher limits...and the homeowners is tied in as well.
If I pull the auto policy, then certain deductibles and premiums will rise...therefore negating any savings on the auto policy.
Remember, we only use one car due to my extensive travel (my firm pays for rentals if needed) ...so we don't pay very much anyway.. <$1000/annually.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM

41 posts, read 148,086 times
If the ticket was given by Bexar County Sheriff.. the Op would need to go to Precinct 2, which is located off Bandera Rd. in Leon Valley. Their website lets you pay online too.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENNEFERTITI View Post
If the ticket was given by Bexar County Sheriff.. the Op would need to go to Precinct 2, which is located off Bandera Rd. in Leon Valley. Their website lets you pay online too.
That's correct...I looked on the back of the ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio