Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 05:06 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if any of you all knew of any celebrities, or famous personalities who live in the San Antonio Metro, or outlying areas? I think alot of people play our local public figures down in relation to other areas around the US. I know wikipedia has an extensive list, but too many individuals who are not realy famous, and the list is missing many. I figured I'd start a thread out of boredom including movie stars, musicians, CEOs, atheletes, etc... Include their location of residence if you know it! Even if they were only born here, then moved elsewhere because it would seem that they would still have a tie to the community. Here are a few off the top of my head.

Tommy Lee Jones - (Hollywood Actor ie: Men in Black, US Marshalls, No Country For Old Men, etc... I believe he still resides in the Dominion although born in San Saba, TX.)

George Strait - (Country Music Star raised in Pearsall, TX. resides in the Dominion.)

Shawn Michaells - (aka. The Heartbreak Kid WWF Superstar, I believe he resides in Windcrest.)

Lara Flynn Boyle - (Hollywood Actress ie: Men in Black, Twin Peaks. Residence ???)

Oliver North - (Political & Military Personality, Residence ???)

Michelle Rodriguez - (Hollywood Actress ie: SWAT, Fast n' the Furious, Residence ???)

Robert Rodriguez - (Hollywood Director & Producer ie: The Faculty, Grindhouse Films, Desperado, etc... Residence ???)

Tim Duncan - (No need for introduction...lol... NBA Superstar, Residence I believe The Dominion.)

David Robinson - (NBA Superstar Residence The Dominion)

Shaquille O'Neal - (NBA Superstar - Attended school in San Antonio at a younger age.)

Ty Detmer - (NFL Quarterback & Former Heisman Trophy Winner at BYU, Residence ???)

Priest Holmes - (NFL Running Back with Baltimore Ravens, residence ???)

Stone Cold Steve Austin - (Wrestling Superstar & Actor, Residence???)

Josh Davis - (Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer, Residence ???)

Johnny Bush - (Country Music Singer, Residence ???)

Steve Earle - (Country Music Singer, Residence ???)

Hal Ketchum - (Country Music Singer, Residence ???)

Pat Green - (Country Music Singer & Texas Country Innovator, Residence???)

John Schneider - (Hollywood Actor ie: Dukes of Hazzard "Bo Duke", Residence ???)

Ernest Tubb - (Country Musician, Residence ???)

John Hagee - (Televangelist & Pastor Cornerstone Church, Residence ???)

Max Lucado - (Christian Author, Residence Crownridge Subdivision.)

Charles Butt - (Founder of HEB Stores & Billionare, Residence ???)

Lowry Mays - (Founder of Clearchannel Communications & Billionare, Residence???)

Red McCombs - (Auto Industry Icon, Former Owner of NBA & NFL franchises & Billionare, Residence ???)

Tom Benson - (Auto Dealership Owner, and Owner of New Orleans Saints, Residence ???)

Patrick Swayze - (Hollywood Superstar ie: Dirty Dancing, Roadhouse, etc... Born in Houston but current resident of Hill Country location ???)

Emily Robison - (Country Musician Singer of The Dixie Chics, residence Bandera, TX.)

If any of you guys know any of the ???'s, or anyone of sugnificane I've missed it would be cool to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:51 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Here's an oldie but goodie. Many celebs are mentioned.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...forgotten.html

Old 01-02-2009, 07:21 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Patrick Swayze really has a place in the Hill Country? I'd be surprised to know where...I thought he was battling cancer in New England.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:59 AM

554 posts, read 2,306,283 times
I thought that Pat Green lived in Austin.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:50 AM

20 posts, read 119,072 times
Doesn't Tommy Lee Jones live in Terril Hills?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:08 AM

According to Wikipedia Patrick Swayze does now live in the Hill Country. Not sure if he is hospitalized in NE or not, but he doesn't live in NE. Pat Green may live in Austin, not sure, this is people who do, or have lived in San Antonio. I heard Tommy Lee Jones lived in The Dominion, but I could be wrong, If anyone knows tell us!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari508 View Post
Doesn't Tommy Lee Jones live in Terril Hills?
Yep.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:25 PM

80 posts, read 333,924 times
If you are really interested in where they all live, check out the Bexar Country Assessment webpage (http://www.bcad.org/clientdb/PropertySearch.aspx (broken link)) ... you can look up by property owner or address. Also interesting site to see what the houses are worth on your own street, etc. Just a quick search and I found Tommy Lee Jones, David Robinson, Charles Butt, and John Hagee - I am sure many more from your list are on there if you want to do the searching.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:48 PM

Na....I'll save the searching for someone with more time to waste...lol. Thank you though for the info. Im a Real Estate Professional so I know how to find it just figured someone already knew. I actually am more interested in names I don't already know. Im sure there are many more "High Profile" individuals in this area than what I put down.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Don't forget our super hot couple of Eva Longoria Parker and Spurs Star Tony Parker. (near the Dominion in a different subdivision...someone mentioned elsewhere)

Lowery Mays and Red McCombs are in Olmos Park.....and yes, Tommy Lee Jones has a fabulous home in Terrell Hills.

Former Senator and US Rep (D) and (R) Phil Gramm lives near Helotes.

Keep in mind that many of these people have several homes and/or own homes for family members or just investment purposes. That may be the cause of some of the confusion as to where some actually "homestead".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio