Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:29 AM

778 posts, read 2,503,869 times

Advertisements

Well that will teach him to continue his job as a writer and simply ignore the big elephant in the room.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:18 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Too bad the cop doesn't have a blog, where he could post pics of guerra, with extra points for the video footage, and HIS version of events, and we could compare the two, prior to this getting to a jury. But I'm sure it'll be tossed well before that.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:39 AM

778 posts, read 2,503,869 times
Maybe we can see the police report. From what I have seen, they can be pretty detailed!!!

Funny, I suspect Mr. Smartypants' mouth is what got him in trouble and it will be his lawyer's mouth that gets him off it. Being an A** to a cop is not the crime he was charged with, and without other incriminating evidence, I suspect the DUI charge will be tossed.

Then, he can follow-up this incident with the standard book deal where he tells his life story, admits he was an alcoholic, was really liquored up when they busted him and the whole incident saved his life. He'll have found God and a good signing bonus with many Barnes & Noble appearances - maybe even the Today Show. Later, they will make a movie on the Lifetime Channel and it will turn out that the source he spoke of meeting in the Hill Country was actually a lover or at least an illegitimate daughter.

But I might be reading too much into it.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:17 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
I guess that presumption of innocence = "thinks he is hot stuff". The guy is a public figure accused of a very serious crime. He shouldn't have the right to defend his reputation? He sounds like an "A$$" for providing his explanation of what happened?

Have the Paka & rd2007 never encountered a police officer who was intimidating or agressive? Are either of these Moderator cut: see comment - substitute "posters" in possession of some facts about the case that the rest of us aren't privy to?

You both should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. Some of the intellectual activity on this board is simply amazing. And while I guess it violates the "terms of service" to point that out, it's seems perfectly fine for these people to slander public figures without a shred of evidence to support their claims.
no I have not and I will never feel ashamed of myself for calling out someone that has so well publicized their arrogance and hatred of certain people. Do yourself a favor and read up on this guy and make sure you take note of the raza unida party part.. also try to disguise your own ignorance a little by not calling out people you don't actually know.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:18 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,589,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
That is the ONLY reason I feel the same way...HE took his private life and made it PUBLIC. Again, bad call in my book.
Frankly, I would have been more than a little surprised if he didn't write a column about the incident. After all, the EN had a piece in the paper about it the morning after. I think any other newspaper columnist, reporter, anchor person or any other public figure would feel a need to make some public statement. If he would have just continued writing his column without any mention of the incident there would have been great deal of speculation on why he was being so quiet about all of this. At least he took the chance to tell his own story so he can have one to compare with all the stories being contrived by people who were not even there. This is one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:42 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Handcuffed and bewildered in the patrol car Thursday, I was still able to call an attorney friend from my cell phone.

Wow, he must be a hit with the ladies.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:45 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,571 times
How is a person considered legally drunk after sharing a bottle of wine and eating dinner?

In addition, I wonder if he has copies of the paper work and whatever else was filed regarding the damage done to his car. It was never meant to be reported stolen and he should not have been pulled over.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,571 times
Quote:
the police were on the lookout for HIS car because of HIS actions in request them to do so (having been reported stolen at some point and not bothered to call them and call of the search for it), and his attitude STILL reeks of "how DARE you do this to me"....reagardless of his innocence or his guilt on the charges.
Didn't this accidentally get filed as stolen? I thought in the article he reported damage to his vehicle.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 AM

824 posts, read 1,816,419 times
Quote:
This fool...like the rest of us would have been devistated if someone who was drunk (and again, either his BAL WAS or WAS NOT above the legal limit, and that will determine if he was DWI or not) had injured or killed one of our loved ones....so getting ANYONE imparred off the road is a service to us all, regardless of their job, income or fame. You know he would have used his ability to put things into print if some "other" drunk would have caused an accident that had hurt or killed a family member....so why should we feel sorry just because this time HE is the drunk????
You continue to insist that Guerra was "drunk" when he was pulled over, without any evidence to support that fact. And I'm sorry, but the fact that he's a writer that you happen to dislike doesn't count as "evidence" of his guilt in this matter. And your "training" as a clairvoyant nurse to accurately gauge his alcohol intake doesn't count, either (although that's quite an impressive skill-set).

Being arrested doesn't equate to guilt. And drinking wine with dinner doesn't neccessarily mean he was "drunk".

Maybe his BAL was over the legal limit. Maybe he was "drunk". Maybe he was disrespectful to the arresting officer. The point is that YOU DON'T KNOW!!!!!! Don't you believe it's important to know the facts of a matter before developing an opinion?

As long as you continue to insist that he's guilty ("drunk"), I'm going to continue to point out that you're making an uninformed, ignorant, factless claim supported not by facts or evidence, but by your personal distaste for Guerra.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:03 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,293,158 times
Someone on here mentioned that resisting a sobriety test and his nervousness equated to him being guilty, but I have to admit that if I had been in his position I probably would have not taken the test and I would have been seriously nervous. I am always nervous when it comes to dealing w the police, even though I have nothing to hide. Its something innate I guess....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio