Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 01:31 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

I'd say a rescue/pound cat/dog is at least $2500 better than one with a stupid piece of paper.. besides, sometimes it's better to not have that paper, especially when certain breeds and an insurance company are concerned. Mine are all mutts and all came from a rescue or people that couldn't take care of them anymore.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
wCat ~ your "mutt kitty" is positively STUNNING!! Sooooooooo beautiful!!!

and rd ~ I sooooooooooooo agree! Our little "rat" dog that we adopted a lil' bit ago is absolutely the sweetest, most loving thing! But she is NOT something great to look at. Her fur still has not grown in at all, still has that "line" from her tail up her back and her back end is still bald. (To the vet she goes as soon as all the holiday craziness is over.) And her only other "problem" is that she is VERY protective of her territory and people. But, she's a great watch dog! LOL!!! I honestly can't understand why anyone dumped her. But it's great for us, cuz we can't imagine NOT having her! And a little "off topic", but anytime an animal is bred to be so MUCH smaller or larger than the "breed standard", it's not a "better" version of that breed, but a genetical messed up version. So sad that so many want a "designer purse puppy" to the point that the breeds are being basically ruined.

Last edited by jules07; 12-03-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Old 12-03-2009, 02:31 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Two of my doggies are chi's that two different ex military families said they could no longer keep now that they were "settling" in San Antonio. Never made any sense to me especially since they each had the dogs for 7 and 5 years. I don't understand how anyone can have a dog for that long and then be able to give it away so easily????

I do understand sometimes why people want a "certain type" of dog. Not really my thing but I understand.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:33 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Nick....yep....mutt kitty = heinz 57 brand....no papers....just came with the fur on her back! I've taught her sign language....lol! Seriously...(I really don't any other than "I love you" ). She'll be staring me down and I'll sign that to her and she lays her head down and closes her eyes every time!
Spoiler
I think she's just bored with me!

Old 12-03-2009, 03:47 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
yeah, I had to suck it up and just ignore where that was going. However, I do have one of those tiny little chihuahuas, but I didn't get him, he just kinda ended up in my house. It's like the island of misfit dogs here, but they all end up on the couch at night and I wouldn't trade that for all the two pound freaks in the world. My big mutt that sorta resembles a chow isn't on the couch, though, and the little tiny chihuahua has found he really likes food ever since he moved here, so he's not quite as tiny anymore

Old 12-03-2009, 06:07 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
yeah, I had to suck it up and just ignore where that was going. However, I do have one of those tiny little chihuahuas, but I didn't get him, he just kinda ended up in my house. It's like the island of misfit dogs here, but they all end up on the couch at night and I wouldn't trade that for all the two pound freaks in the world. My big mutt that sorta resembles a chow isn't on the couch, though, and the little tiny chihuahua has found he really likes food ever since he moved here, so he's not quite as tiny anymore
I agree. I have two toy fox terriers. One weighs 3 1/2 pounds and one weighs 12 pounds (I think someone lied about the toy part ). I love them both but my 12 pound dog is so lovable and cuddly. My little one is like a little person with a chip on their shoulder . He is also the one that no matter what I absolutely can not train him NOT to pee in the house!!! It's so annoying.

Oh yea, I survived my trip to the grocery store. Went to Super Target instead. Sapph I looked for ya!

Old 12-03-2009, 06:14 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
I detoured over to the Bandera one since I had to get my son from school. Can't have the little prince walking in the cold.

And what am I having for dinner? Leftovers. It was yummy pork tenderloin, though, and I wanted to use it up. My son is having leftover Papa Murphy's from last night....it reheats really well! Last night was the first time I've ever bought that stuff, and it won't be the last.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:25 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Sapph, Papa Murphy's is like crack. I love it and it is cheap and so easy. Damn, sounds like I'm talking about some of my friends .

I bought a pizza from Target, waiting on the fam to get home to eat. It looks yummy.

I can't wait til dinner tomorrow. I bought fixin's to make caldo. YUMMY!!!!!
Nothing better on a cold day!

Old 12-03-2009, 06:38 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Oh yum caldo! I made some a few days ago with leftover turkey. It was awesome! I made arroz con pollo tonite.

We tried Papa Murphys twice but I cant get my husband to like it. Hes been spoiled by Fralos so he compares everything to that.....but please hes no pizza snob because Little Caesars comes in at a close second....

Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Mmmm....I'm making French onion soup tomorrow night. Must be a snow thing to crave soup!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio