Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Dang, then what's the point of living in a neighborhood? I'd move somewhere else if I had to do all those things you mentioned.
Who's forcing you to do what I did? Its just simply my opinion which in no way means that its forced upon, When I had that angry old neighbor I did all that I mentioned out of respect for an older person, war veteran, and its just plain wrong. I pick my fights wisely. I wouldnt dare strike an older person just because He's yelling slurs at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 09:24 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Do you have a Homeowners Association? I would attend the next monthly meeting and apprise them of the issues you are facing to see if there are any HOA by-laws that can help you in any way. It will also let them know of the issues in case you're not the only one dealing with these people. They're not going to want to get involved in "neighbor drama", but they also want to keep the investment everyone has in the community a safe one. Plus, it's just another way of you documenting things, having incidents on record.

I'd also go talk to your other neighbors. See if they've been harassed. This may have already happened.

As for dealing with your neighbor directly: at this point, I would not talk to him, I would not answer his calls, I would not even respond to his yelling over the fence. Just calmly write every incident you have with him down, the date, and the time. Don't be obstinate; just ignore him if he starts acting like a jerk. Keep it all in a spiral notebook.

That way, if you have to go to an attorney to get some sort of restraining order or other, you have your documents to show the judge of his history.
For the most part, do the exact opposite of this post.

Having read the thread, I know that you don't have an HOA, but for others who read this: Your HOA is not there to solve civil disputes between neighbors.

Write it all down in a spiral notebook. Great advice. I can assure you, the crazy neighbor has a bigger spiral notebook with all the equally convincing evidence of you arriving home after 7:30PM than a lawyer can handle. In other words, your psychotic ramblings are no more value added to the situation than the crazy neighbor's are.

Go talk to your neighbors. This is a great way to introduce yourself. "Hi. We've never met before but my neighbor is crazy and I need you to testify to that." Good luck.

This is a bad situation. I feel for the OP, but really, please don't pawn it off on the HOA or the neighbors. May I suggest being the overly helpful neighbor? Turn the tables. Get so into his crazy business that HE doesn't want anything to do with YOU.

Start off with an invite to your National Night Out Block Party (this October 6th). Just you and him. Your front porch or his, doesn't matter. Bring the dog for security.

Keep the cops on speed dial.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:03 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
For the most part, do the exact opposite of this post.

Having read the thread, I know that you don't have an HOA, but for others who read this: Your HOA is not there to solve civil disputes between neighbors.

Write it all down in a spiral notebook. Great advice. I can assure you, the crazy neighbor has a bigger spiral notebook with all the equally convincing evidence of you arriving home after 7:30PM than a lawyer can handle. In other words, your psychotic ramblings are no more value added to the situation than the crazy neighbor's are.

Go talk to your neighbors. This is a great way to introduce yourself. "Hi. We've never met before but my neighbor is crazy and I need you to testify to that." Good luck.

This is a bad situation. I feel for the OP, but really, please don't pawn it off on the HOA or the neighbors. May I suggest being the overly helpful neighbor? Turn the tables. Get so into his crazy business that HE doesn't want anything to do with YOU.

Start off with an invite to your National Night Out Block Party (this October 6th). Just you and him. Your front porch or his, doesn't matter. Bring the dog for security.

Keep the cops on speed dial.

Did you miss this part?
Quote:
Do you have a Homeowners Association? I would attend the next monthly meeting and apprise them of the issues you are facing to see if there are any HOA by-laws that can help you in any way. It will also let them know of the issues in case you're not the only one dealing with these people. They're not going to want to get involved in "neighbor drama", but they also want to keep the investment everyone has in the community a safe one. Plus, it's just another way of you documenting things, having incidents on record.

That's funny that you said to do the opposite of my advice, when the rest of my post is:

I'd also go talk to your other neighbors. See if they've been harassed. This may have already happened.

As for dealing with your neighbor directly: at this point, I would not talk to him, I would not answer his calls, I would not even respond to his yelling over the fence. Just calmly write every incident you have with him down, the date, and the time. Don't be obstinate; just ignore him if he starts acting like a jerk. Keep it all in a spiral notebook.
That way, if you have to go to an attorney to get some sort of restraining order or other, you have your documents to show the judge of his history.

I guess I'm a little confused at what part the OP needs to ignore, since it sounds just like what you told him to do.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:04 AM

278 posts, read 693,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Write it all down in a spiral notebook. Go talk to your neighbors.
so you want to waste your own personal time documenting stuff just like the crazy guy? that's gotta be the worst advice yet.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
so you want to waste your own personal time documenting stuff just like the crazy guy? that's gotta be the worst advice yet.
well the OP is asking for Ideas and tips, not irrelevant pictures or questioning or putting down those who are trying to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio