Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:35 AM

443 posts, read 1,505,698 times

Advertisements

people who notice this are people who look at skin colors of people... otherwise you would not even notice them...

Old 05-23-2007, 11:52 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,612,339 times
Try reading magazines like Hispanic Business Magazine.com or Black Enterprise.com. You can Google Search these and other online Business Magazines and Journals for Hispanics and Blacks and see they actually do exist.....

Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Ah come on... I figured we'd get to have fun!

J/k yeah this post will become a 30 page post that eventually turns into something along the lines of "Disney will not build in San Antonio because there are not enough white people to work there."
Last time I looked, Mickey Mouse is BLACK! (sorry I couldn't resist) Donald and Daisy are Yellow....and Pluto is Brown.....can't think of any white ones in the bunch.

I'm kind of enjoying the silliness of this thread. All these "PC" words....."marginalized"???......does that have anything to do with "homogenized"...(I've heard that one too!) I just hope we don't evolved to hydrogenated demographics......that could be lethal.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:04 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,170 times
This is all a moot point because in a few years China will own everything in the US.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:10 PM

554 posts, read 2,306,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnag View Post
This is all a moot point because in a few years China will own everything in the US.
This made me laugh.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
yes, you are right. People do need to stop using race as a stepping stone. I worked for a co that promoted a know-nothing white male over others that had some great qualifications. Do you know why this lazy guy got to be the manager? Because his white father-in-law was VP in another dept of the co. As a result, the dept suffered greatly b/c the guy has no initiative to learn nor help us b/c he knows nothing about what we do. I suspect that this type of situation might have something to do with the lack of non-anglo people in those roles here. But lack of college degrees and adequate educational preparation also plays a significant part of it. Non-anglos have not had the generations of wealth and power that anglos have had. Many anglo (white) families have had generations of family who have attended university and have a basic "roadmap" to follow with free career advice from all of their relatives who have attended university. For mexican americans, we are fortunate if we have one generation of family who has been through that and must seek advice elsewhere if we don't. Not to mention the cost of a university education. But it's not impossible to pursue your dream (if being a CEO is what it is). From my experience, it just seems that the most productive people don't always get the big opportunities just b/c they know more, but rather the mediocre white talent that "knows" somebody.
I wasn't going to post to this stupid thread but I have to respond to this one. You talk about someone getting a job because of some he knew who was "white". Well, that doesn't only happen with white, that is everywhere. I know the exact same situation where it was a hispanic who got the job because of his brother in law and he didn't know a thing about the job and a very well qualified person did not get the job because he was white.
And as far as generations with wealth and power going to college that is BS and a lame excuse. Nobody in my family has gone to college, they were all hard working blue collar now I am going to make sure that my daughters have a college education. I have nobody to ask for a "roadmap" I am actually researching myself and finding out the best colleges and places to go for scholarships. I am not looking for someone to help me out and show me the ropes. By the way, have you done a search and seen how much more that the hispanics can get because they are "minority". I know more than one hispanic who is going to college on my tax dollar and I say good for them, they are trying to make something better of themselves. But let my "white" daughters try to get something for free, no way, it isn't going to happen.

I don't think it matters what color your skin is, it is all in your attitude and what YOU want out of life not what you want somebody to give you.
I work hard for what I have and I am proud of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio