Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:23 PM

85 posts, read 261,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
You're not understanding the point I am making. If whites are a minority they shouldn't dominate the top level management the way they do.

If they are a minority, Hispanics should be mostly in these positions.
Upper management positions usually require an advanced degree. Have you done any research regarding graduate degree completions with whites or hispanics?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 PM

370 posts, read 883,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You said, "at the top, why are few minorities represented?" Whites are the minority in San Antonio, so they ARE represented.
Hello Sapphire,

There is a difference between minority in percentage of representation, (which is your literal interpretation as you are hung up on the percentage of people equalling minority) and Marginalized persons.

It is obvious to me that the poster was discussing "marginalized" persons and not percentage represented.

So, if you want to claim that "whites" are generally marginalized as a group of people then lets hear it.
Gen

Old 05-22-2007, 08:38 PM

200 posts, read 121,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlesoup View Post
Sooo....what do you think is up?
It starts with an "r"....but I don't want to bring it up.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:39 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,442,886 times
Can you name any city where the the highest executive positions are held by a minority majority?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:43 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,027,191 times
Maybe they didn't apply?

More are more non-white Americans are filling corporate level positions today than opposed to 10 years ago. Not to mention that many are starting up their own businesses and working for themselves.

And yes, whites are a minority in Texas.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:45 PM

370 posts, read 883,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Maybe they didn't apply?

More are more non-white Americans are filling corporate level positions today than opposed to 10 years ago. Not to mention that many are starting up their own businesses and working for themselves.

And yes, whites are a minority in Texas.
Hi,
Again, minority in representation does not equal marginalized group, not by a long shot or in any stretch of the imagination.
Gen

Old 05-22-2007, 08:49 PM

There are fewer White (aka Anglo Americans) Americans in Texas than there are non-white Americans. Non-white Americans represent most of Texas... that means that they are a majority. You can bend it anyway you want.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:50 PM

545 posts, read 2,284,541 times
So...who is this really...UTSASTUD/Longhornguy, or Novemberhawk under yet another name (because their others have been banned) trying to stir it up yet again? Please, let's ignore these inflammatory threads that don't have anything to do with actually giving people useful information about San Antonio.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
So...who is this really...UTSASTUD/Longhornguy, or Novemberhawk under yet another name (because their others have been banned) trying to stir it up yet again? Please, let's ignore these inflammatory threads that don't have anything to do with actually giving people useful information about San Antonio.
Ah come on... I figured we'd get to have fun!

J/k yeah this post will become a 30 page post that eventually turns into something along the lines of "Disney will not build in San Antonio because there are not enough white people to work there."

Old 05-22-2007, 09:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennaver View Post
Hello Sapphire,

There is a difference between minority in percentage of representation, (which is your literal interpretation as you are hung up on the percentage of people equalling minority) and Marginalized persons.

It is obvious to me that the poster was discussing "marginalized" persons and not percentage represented.

So, if you want to claim that "whites" are generally marginalized as a group of people then lets hear it.
Gen
I stand by my original answer. And how could anything really be obvious when the title of the thread is an incomplete sentence--Why don't persons of color equal chances in SA? That is exactly how it is written at 10:34pm 5/22/07. (just in case they edit it)

I think some of the above posters nailed it--this topic is way too inflammatory and does nothing to give info about San Antonio.

And no, I don't think whites are "marginalized".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio