Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:23 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times

Advertisements

I just saw a commercial for FOX 29 News at Nine which proclaimed "residents of Rivermist still at war with Pulte/Centex, why homeowners want to get the military involved"...

There was nothing about it on their web site.

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,315 times
Those that are being deployed and need to sell their houses are getting VA and Congressman Ciro Rodriguez(VA affair committee) involved claiming they can sell their house for what they paid for them. Going to get very interesting..

Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
This thread needs more pics. It's about the only epic thread this forum has (which restaurants to go to or whatever don't count).

Old 05-07-2010, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,491 times
HOT sends City its Concerns with Centex plans for Hills of Rivermist retaining wall repairs.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Those that are being deployed and need to sell their houses are getting VA and Congressman Ciro Rodriguez(VA affair committee) involved claiming they can sell their house for what they paid for them. Going to get very interesting..
Seriously? If they bought their homes a few years ago, ain't nobody getting what they paid for their house in today's market!

I'm glad they want our hard-earned taxes to re-reimburse them!

And these people are not being "deployed," they are moving or what's known in the military as a "permanent change of station (PCS)." People in the military "deploy" to combat and hostile fire zones; you PCS to another base and everybody and everything usually goes with you (unless it's a remote assignment). I am sure they are using the "deployment" card because it invokes much more dire circumstances...

Old 05-07-2010, 02:38 PM

By the way, you can watch a video animation of the "solution" to the wall failure problem here (http://www.rivermistinfo.com/solution1.asp - broken link).

Cheers! M2

Old 05-07-2010, 02:54 PM

841 posts, read 1,747,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
By the way, you can watch a video animation of the "solution" to the wall failure problem here (http://www.rivermistinfo.com/solution1.asp - broken link).

Cheers! M2
Interesting. The video says that it doesn't represent the final panel finish. I hope they put up stone veneer like the original wall, otherwise I'm afraid it will look like a typical highway retaining wall which is not, in my opinion, an appropriate look for a neighborhood. I also wonder how the decrease in distance between the backyards and retaining wall will affect the "feel" of the homes below the ridge.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:36 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Seriously? If they bought their homes a few years ago, ain't nobody getting what they paid for their house in today's market!
You'd be surprised - some parts of the city are doing quite well actually...
In the case that someone is surrounded by new construction yeah I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:18 PM

I was on Prue Road this afternoon and decided to swing by Rivermist and see how things were going...

It appears the old retaining wall, at least the section where the failure occurred, is gone. It looks like they've tried to terrace the slope. All the roads both on the top and bottom of the hill are open, so I was able to drive down the one where the houses that were most threatened (at the top) were. It doesn't appear that any of them are occupied, there is security present and all the driveways are blocked. Oddly enough, there is also new home construction going on! I don't know who is going to buy up there after all thsi, despite the nice view!

Anyhow, below are some quick pics taken from the Jeep...

Cheers! M2
Attached Thumbnails
Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3552.jpg   Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3553.jpg   Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3554.jpg   Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3555.jpg   Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3556.jpg  

Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3557.jpg   Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3558.jpg   Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3559.jpg   Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3560.jpg   Slope failure saga in Hills of Rivermist subdivision-img_3561.jpg  

Old 07-18-2010, 08:16 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Thanks, M2 - was wondering what was goin' on over there now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio