Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 10:58 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,789,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotamidnight View Post
it's also point out the leaks in my roof -
Yeah the rain last week pointed that out - that the flashing around the chimney wasn't done right. It didn't hurt anything though (leaked into the brick chimney which is a facade anyway) and got the carpet. Which I pulled up because I'm installing hardwood anyway...

leading to today where I could see the little leak from the front of the house because there's no carpet to soak it up. I'll be out front looking for a hairline crack in the mortar between the bottom row of brick and the foundation this afternoon. That's what it was on the other side of the house, hopefully this will be just as easy to find. Sometimes you've gotta wonder what else is out there that you don't know about!

So when's the next round of rain? I may put off installing too much hardwood until one more rainstorm to check my work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 09:14 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,707,600 times
Why isn't this thread hoppin'?!?! It's niiiiiiiiiiiice outside! Wake up!

Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,385,160 times
I've been up since 2:30 AM! but I've also been at work most of that time, so I can't get out and enjoy this LOVELY WEATHER

Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 AM

546 posts, read 1,499,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
mine, unfortunately, don't mind muddy paws at all. I think they actually like them because they'll try to get their paws as muddy as possible by specifically avoiding the grassy areas and heading for the mud.
My dogs are snooty.lol whats funny is they were the biggest dumpster dogs ever before they were ours and now they act like everything isnt good enough for them.lol

If there is a water bowl outside and their paws are dirty they will wash their paws off rather than drink the water...

Old 10-10-2009, 09:18 AM

it was really nice yesterday evening. My husband and father in law are starting my sons nursery today so it will be nice to open up all the windows in the house .

Old 10-10-2009, 09:23 AM

436 posts, read 1,613,704 times
it's great out there now... great day for a pumpkin patch visit!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:44 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,385,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
My dogs are snooty.lol whats funny is they were the biggest dumpster dogs ever before they were ours and now they act like everything isnt good enough for them.lol

If there is a water bowl outside and their paws are dirty they will wash their paws off rather than drink the water...
you have to have your dogs teach mine how to do that

I would much rather constantly clean a dog water bowl than constantly sweep and mop mud. I'm so glad I have nothing but wood and tile floors now, though. Carpet and them + rain would be a nightmare. Actually, it was a nightmare and that was one of the biggest reasons we got rid of carpet.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:26 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,402,237 times
We went to the Floresville Peanut Festival this morning for the parade and stayed afterward for some yummy food. It was the perfect fall weather--slightly chilly and cloudy...just right for eating HOT roasted corn on the cob and a bag of fresh kettle corn. It was SO good! It felt like fall! I can't wait to get into our house!

Old 10-10-2009, 11:06 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
Fredericksburg this evening was downright nippy.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
you have to have your dogs teach mine how to do that

I would much rather constantly clean a dog water bowl than constantly sweep and mop mud. I'm so glad I have nothing but wood and tile floors now, though. Carpet and them + rain would be a nightmare. Actually, it was a nightmare and that was one of the biggest reasons we got rid of carpet.
We had tile put in the kitchen and all the way up to our garage.. We are training them to stay on the tile only.

I wish i could train yours but ours taught themselves must be a stuck up small poodle thing..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio