Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 11:07 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,410,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I thought diet sodas weren't really that good for you either
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Diet sodas actually are just as, if not more, damaging to our bodies.
Very true as they contain aspartame a deadly neurotoxin. I was going to mention this earlier but I'm sure If I went into detail people would say I'm a conspiracy theorist.

I wrote about it before in an article years ago about how Donald Rumsfiled was one of the leading persons who lead its approval in the early 1980s and now it's in 99% of chewing gums and diet sodas and almost all "sugar free" products. Sucralose is another toxin; It's in Splenda.

Last edited by xsa210tx; 05-18-2010 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 12:00 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,739,506 times
OK, city officials. Let's get this started.....

No donuts, breakfast tacos or regular coffee at morning meetings. Now it's only granola bars and decaf.

No admittance to any city swimming pool or park unless you have on a shirt or sunscreen. Don't want get skin cancer.

No more beer/tamale political fundraisers.

More later........

Old 05-18-2010, 12:44 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,134,295 times
Quote:

No donuts, breakfast tacos or regular coffee at morning meetings. Now it's only granola bars and decaf.

No admittance to any city swimming pool or park unless you have on a shirt or sunscreen. Don't want get skin cancer.

More later........
The sunscreen or tshirt requirement is going to be hard to enforce at every park.
But you gave me an idea on the sunscreen. Just like there is hand sanitizer in some stores, etc., there could be a sunscreen booth/ pump whatever its called at the swimming pools. I know way too many times I forget it and buy some uber expensive itty bitty bottle at some convenience store across the street!

We did the ban of breakfast tacos and donuts here at work for the meetings. We do fruit, veggies, whole wheat bagels, lite cream cheese, juice. There's only 150 employees here so we didn't make the news.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM

944 posts, read 2,042,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If you're a rapist, not a soda drinker for God's sake.
Why, oh WHY, won't it let me rep you for this? Amazing.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,737,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
The sunscreen or tshirt requirement is going to be hard to enforce at every park.
But you gave me an idea on the sunscreen. Just like there is hand sanitizer in some stores, etc., there could be a sunscreen booth/ pump whatever its called at the swimming pools. I know way too many times I forget it and buy some uber expensive itty bitty bottle at some convenience store across the street!

We did the ban of breakfast tacos and donuts here at work for the meetings. We do fruit, veggies, whole wheat bagels, lite cream cheese, juice. There's only 150 employees here so we didn't make the news.
My company tried this and there was a huge revolt. LOL if it makes you feel better we have 60,000 employees nationwide and we didnt make the news either.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,134,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
My company tried this and there was a huge revolt. LOL if it makes you feel better we have 60,000 employees nationwide and we didnt make the news either.
With picket signs and all?

Old 05-18-2010, 03:27 PM

779 posts, read 1,662,209 times
Quote:

More later........
great points. and SAPD are city workers aren't they? so if the city is making the "healthy" change, then I better not see cops and donuts anymore....

Old 05-18-2010, 03:30 PM

61,875 posts, read 87,361,740 times
It amazes me that every attempt to curb obesity and promote healthy eating habits is always viewed as an example of government trying to run our lives.

Get the fact that government IS RUNNING our life anyway; at least promoting healthy food is not going to RUIN it.

BTW: most slim people have no problem with it. Fat people are the ones who see red every time someone mention diet, health or fitness.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,737,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

BTW: most slim people have no problem with it. Fat people are the ones who see red every time someone mention diet, health or fitness.
Just..........wow

Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,422,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txlnghrn View Post
Its funny that some people think it is a fundamental right to have immediate, unhindered access to a Mountain Dew, and to not stock said Mountain Dew in a city vending machine is some horrible infringement of their rights. And then, of course, this becomes an example of the slippery slope towards total freedom restriction. First, Mountain Dew, next, free speech.

The vending machines will still stock beverages and snacks, just presumably they will be healthier or lower in calories than the current standard options (although I don't see diet soda as a "healthy" option, either). You still maintain the right to pump your body full of HFCS and other garbage, its just that the city isn't going to be in that particular supply chain anymore, and good for them.

Well, yeah, I guess it would be funny, if that were true. I mean, I really don't give a rat's behind if my would-be boss decides to get rid of a coke machine because it's somehow interfering with the workplace, or perhaps he just has a hemorrhoid and woke up on the wrong side of the bed...but if he said, "Mom2Feebs, I've decided today that YOU don't NEED this coke because it is unhealthy." I'd be a little irked. It seems like it shouldn't be a big deal, but it is, because last time I checked, it isn't a city employee's place to tell me what I can and can't drink. Yeah, I know perfectly well I can go get a freaking cup of water somewhere. That's not the point, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio