Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:15 PM

3 posts, read 16,885 times

Advertisements

Hi, I lived in Converse for a year before moving to California for 2 years of graduate school. Will be returning to the S.A. area late December and am looking forward to it. My husband and I are looking to buy a home outside of Bexar County (lower taxes). Been looking at Wilson and Comal counties, especially the following cities: Adkins, La Vernia, Floresville, and Bulverde. Most in Bulverde is too expensive (not looking to spend more than $200 K), although I found a few nice homes. Adkins, La Vernia seem pretty good, with reasonably priced homes with acreage! We don't want to be more than 30 miles outside of the city, but do want between 1-2 acres. Any suggestions, thoughts, or help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2006, 03:35 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,667,075 times
Default How About to the West of Bexar County?

You might look West of Bexar County. Medina County has land for sale. You might try Castroville (on Hwy 90 and straight shot to San Antonio). You're also close to Hill Country to the North (a plus). There is also land north of Castroville (Rio Medina) and towards Medina lake. Of course, the closer you get to lakes, the more the land costs.

You might check out the link below on info.com for Texas Hill Country.

http://web.info.com/infocom.us2/sear...Hill%20Country

Old 08-05-2006, 04:18 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,241,582 times
Adkins and La Vernia are actually inside the Bexar but outside the city limits.

They're both great places.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 11,672 times
Floresville is a great little city. It takes only 15 mins to get to San Antonio from Floresville and we are a very tight knit community. Floresville is growing really rapidly though. There are a lot of subdivisions right outside of Floresville. I live in Creekwood. It takes me about 2 min. to get into Bexar County and about 8 to get into the San Antonio city limit. I think that you really should consider Floresville.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:25 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,667,075 times
Default Floresville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Favor View Post
Floresville is a great little city. It takes only 15 mins to get to San Antonio from Floresville and we are a very tight knit community. Floresville is growing really rapidly though. There are a lot of subdivisions right outside of Floresville. I live in Creekwood. It takes me about 2 min. to get into Bexar County and about 8 to get into the San Antonio city limit. I think that you really should consider Floresville.
Don't forget the annual Peanut Festival.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 12,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Adkins and La Vernia are actually inside the Bexar but outside the city limits.

They're both great places.
La Vernina is at the county line on 87.. the city is in Wilson county

Adkins is in Bexar county, East Central School district

Old 11-12-2006, 06:42 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
My parents are going to have a home built on some land they purchased in Adkins and as you drive to their property there is a sign that says something like "Bexar County Maintenance Ends" or something like that. Also their deed to the property states that it is in Wilson County, not Bexar County. I know their taxes there aren't 3% like they are where I live.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:22 PM

3 posts, read 18,368 times
Look at Medina County too !!

Towns to check out are Lytle -- Natalia -- Devine -- Castroville -- LaCoste.

Good Luck !

Old 04-03-2007, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 9,298 times
Smile Adkins/La Vernia

Actually, Adkins is in Bexar county -- La Vernia is between Wilson county and some of it is also in Guadalupe County, not Bexar. I live out in La Vernia and just love the area. The schools are wonderful and it is truly a small town feel. The people are wonderful and just a good area. Far enough out of town to keep the Country feel. Adkins in closer to town and again in Bexar. I have lived in both and much prefer La Vernia over Adkins.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:16 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
My parents have five acres in Adkins and their paperwork all says it's in Wilson County. Maybe part of it is Wilson and part is in Bexar? I know they did not want to be in Bexar because of the property taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio