Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 PM

2 posts, read 8,766 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be relocating to the IE this summer. She has a job in Fontana. I will be working in two offices split between downtown Riverside and Murietta. We're just getting married, therefore no kids yet. We're both young professionals and thus would like to live in the nicer parts of town where there is some decent shopping and restaurants... So not super quiet and isolated but far enough from the hustle and bustle ( then again don't most of us?). Any advice on good neighborhoods and zip codes would be great! Somebody told us South Corona might be good... Any specific neighborhoods there? Any other cities to consider while minimizing traffic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 11:58 PM

2 posts, read 8,766 times
Also, to add we'll be looking to rent at least the first year to get a sense of the area. Our price range for renting a house/condo/apt will be under $2500/ month. Commute time will be a priority as our professions require us to be very time sensitive. Thanks again for your advice in advance!

Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 PM

93 posts, read 279,226 times
South Corona wouldn't be a bad option - specifically Dos Lagos area - off the 15 and Cajalco Road. LOTS of shopping and restaurants near there, but still a little out of the way like you described. There's a mix of newer houses and condos in the area right there. Drawback would be that you'd have a commute to all 3 job locations.

Living in or near downtown Riverside would put you close to one job location and somewhat in-between the other two. You could check out the Raincross Promenade rentals on Market and 3rd or go a little out to Canyon Crest.

Your housing budget will get you just about whatever you want around here (within reason), especially for a newlywed couple. You could rent a decent apartment for slightly over half that. For close to $2500 you can rent a good-size (2,000+ sq feet) house.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:43 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,450 times
Riverside would be the best bang for the buck.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:52 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
Corona to Fontana during rush hour will SUCK. I do the opposite drive and it only takes me about 25 minutes. I see the 15-N slammed every morning. South Corona is nice but it is filled with poor designing. Real heavy traffic and with my job, they build homes against mountainsides so fires in that area are very likely. Plus, you'd have deal with the 91 way more than you'd want too. 91 freeway is god awful.

I would consider Eastvale or Mira Loma. Eastvale use to be apart of Corona til about October last year. It was considered North Corona, and even more north of Norco...stupid mapping. Bunch of new homes off Limonite. I run in that area about 2 times a week and I feel beyond safe. Eastvale to Fontana will be about a 30 minute drive. Eastvale to Murrieta won't take much time. I've driven Fontana to Escondido during rush hour, only took me 90 minutes and that's much further. I'd say 40 minutes. Eastvale to Riverside, just take Limonite and there is a Riverside highway if thats the part of Riverside she'll work. Once again, don't take the 91 if you can avoid it. Thing about Riverside, the traffic lights in that city are the worst in any city I've ever worked. I've worked from Big Bear to Hemet to Orange to Alta Dena. So out of four counties and IDK, a square map of 150 miles Riverside takes the longest.

Eastvale and Mira Loma out of the cities you two are gonna work are the most centralized areas.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 PM

9 posts, read 13,708 times
first of all, avoid the south suburbs of Riverside county because there are many white supremacists. second, Moreno Valley has some scenic desert hills with great houses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties