Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 8,114 times

Advertisements

Hello...I am in the process of buying my first home. My search now is concentrating in La Quinta, CA. I would like to know what neighborhood are desirable and undesirable. I understand that some neighborhoods have a gang isue. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 11:11 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,584 times
Do you have kids? I'm in North La Quinta, which is a great family area. South La Quinta is mostly down by the cove, and there are some nice areas there, but also some not so nice. Personally, I'd stay away from south if you have kids. Others may disagree. If you are single though that's a beautiful area of older homes.
The area considered north is east of Washington, west of Jefferson, south of Fred Waring, and north of Hwy 111.
I haven't heard of any gang issues in this area, but certainly in Indio and Coachella.
Let me know if you need more help.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:57 AM

6 posts, read 40,130 times
North La Quinta is great, and a great little nieghborhood that I love is right next to the Catholic Church, next to Point Happy - very few homes come up for sale there, it's an older neighborhood in the IID, and the mountains keep the power bills low......Bermuda Dunes is another Nice area to look. I think you'll love La Quinta if you have a family. Parts of the cove are nice, but it's hit or miss, so you should probably avoid it unless your rent there first. Good Luck...we love it here

Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 24,331 times
There are no gangs in La Quinta. There are differences in the residential areas in North La Quinta (north of Highway 111) and South La Quinta (south of Highway 111). Drive around the two areas and you'll notice a difference. Depending on your lifestyle and housing choices, you may want one area or the other. The La Quinta Cove is at the end of South La Quinta and as another reader stated is "hit or miss." There are some very, very nice homes sprinkled among some worn down residences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apalia View Post
Hello...I am in the process of buying my first home. My search now is concentrating in La Quinta, CA. I would like to know what neighborhood are desirable and undesirable. I understand that some neighborhoods have a gang isue. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 11,206 times
I too, am looking at La Quinta for a house. I read, though, that the cove post office was shut down for a while last year due to the extremely high rate of mail theft...and it is located right next to the cove police station. Trying to get crime statistics by arae of town is something I have not been successful at, yet. Just got a lot of "stay away from the cove" comments. A good way to check is through your car insurance people, and tell them the address in La Quinta you are interested in, then compare your current coverage rates against it. Same is true for homeowners insurance.
Did you ever buy there? and, if so, do you like it so far?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
I have lived in both Palm Desert and La Quinta. We are currently in North La Quinta and we love it here. We are in a great area, close to everything and we are on IID. We loved our Palm Desert home and loved the area but our electric bills during summer were running upward of $1000 per month. Our electric here in La Quinta is nothing like that! If you want some ideas on housing in the area, PM me. I have a broker's license and can send you some info if you are interested. I am not trying to make a buck off you - just trying to be helpful.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 PM

242 posts, read 827,128 times
What is the winter weather like in La Quinta?

Old 11-27-2007, 02:36 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Pretty nice. That's why people from all over the world come to our valley. It's typically 70's to 80's during winter.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 PM

159 posts, read 810,612 times
I really don't think there are in bad area's in North La Quinta... I would feel safe in any neighborhood there.

Last edited by lexi; 11-29-2007 at 10:04 PM..

Old 12-14-2007, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 7,879 times
What is the price range of homes. Could someone also tell me what rent prices could be. I am a young lady movign there in about a month? I will really appreciate the help. From waht I have read sofar I am interested in the north side.

BWT. which other areas with gated communities would you recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties