Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 PM

6 posts, read 38,724 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Me and my husband are thinking about moving to sierra del oro in Corona. We currently live in Anaheim, California and I commute to Rowland Heights. If I take the 57s freeway to the 91e freeway to get home around 6pm and exit on green river road will the traffic on the 91e be terrible? If so is there another route?

My other question is what type of shopping is near sierra del oro...I found a ralphs and a sushi restaurant on the internet but not much else...Is everything more east toward 6th street?

If anyone has any more info on sierra del oro area I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 02:06 PM

630 posts, read 2,226,740 times
The area is nice but there is not much for shopping or dinning. As you mentioned there is a Ralphs, chinese and mexican restaraunt (don't like the mexican place), and a pizza parlor on Green River and Sefas Club. Other than that you will need to either got to Yorba Linda (Weir Canyon) or to the other end of Corona (Ontario Ave at 15 frwy or Cajalco Rd at the 15 frwy) for eateries. For shopping there is either the Tyler Mall (91 fwy at Tyler) or Dos Lagos shopping Center (15 fry on Temescal Cnyn - off at Cajalco Rd). I lived in the area for 10 years and the traffic on the 91 frwy is bad but getting off at Green River is much better than having to drive through the Corona Crunch you will need to use the fast track, especailly if you are driving alone. The only thing is that this can get really expensive, check out the toll fees at 91 Express Lanes. So you know there are side roads but they will only get you to Gypsum Canyon Road, form there to Green River there are no side roads that go through, the only way from there is the 91 frwy. I will admit I liked the area, but for me I was driving to LAX and back on a daily basis and it was too much for me after 10 years of doing that. I do not want to sway you into not looking into the area, only giving you some feed back. I would drive the area on your way home just to check out the traffic, and on the weekends drive the area during the day. This will at least give you and idea on the traffic and what is going on in the areas during the day. Also I don't know if you have any children, but I sent my oldest two to school there. My youngest I sent to private school because I didn't like the high schools in the area. Just some food for thought.

I wish you and your family the best on finding a location that suits you!!

Last edited by MagicTouch; 11-01-2007 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: spelling errors

Old 11-02-2007, 11:43 AM

6 posts, read 38,724 times
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I will test the route after work one day to see if it will drive me crazy before making any decisions to move there.

Shops and restaurants nearby are important to me but I am glad there is at least a grocery place near by.

I don't have any kids yet but plan on them soon. Interesting to know about the schools in the area because that is important to me since I plan on staying at the house long term.

I prefer more developed areas but sierra del oro corona is more affordable. I guess I need to decide what is more important. Living in an area I like but in a smaller & much older house or living in an area that I don't like and having a larger newer house.

Thanks again for responding!

Old 07-27-2008, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,657 times
Default Sierra Del Oro in Corona

I recently moved here (Sierra Del Oro) and am very happy. I originally wanted to stay in Orange County, but the prices wouldn't allow us to buy what we wanted.

We contacted Cameron Novak at the Homefinding Center (also located in Sierra Del Oro) during our visit to the area. He was very knowledgeable about Sierra Del Oro homes, schools, shopping, etc. He lives in this neighborhood and has children attending Prado View elementary school and the Sierra Del Oro Montessori.

I encourage you to look into this neighborhood if you want a great place to live and raise your kids. Cameron was an exceptional person to work with in finding our home. If you don't have a Sierra Del Oro agent already, I would definitely suggest you call him or visit the Homefinding Center. I'll post his info below in case you need some help.

Cameron Novak at The Homefinding Center
951-212-7479
I can't remember the website, but I'm sure you can google it.

Good luck with your search,

Aaron Miles
Sierra Del Oro resident

Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 AM

43 posts, read 243,679 times
Given the prices of Sierra Del Oro, I would consider Chino Hills -- Sierra Del Oro gets you a little more bang for your buck, but I would rather avoid the 57 like the plague. 91e is no picnic either, but I only do it from the 241/133 (from OC) to the 71. We looked at Sierra Del Oro when we were buying (3-4 months ago), and chose Chino Hills instead because there's a lot more stuff (shopping, eating, etc etc.) Sierra Del Oro is sort of in a bubble, not near Dos Lagos shops, and not near any other shopping/eating hubs really. The only thing it's got going for it is a great commute to OC -- but to Rowland area, not so much.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:08 AM

619 posts, read 2,168,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegan View Post
Given the prices of Sierra Del Oro, I would consider Chino Hills -- Sierra Del Oro gets you a little more bang for your buck, but I would rather avoid the 57 like the plague. 91e is no picnic either, but I only do it from the 241/133 (from OC) to the 71. We looked at Sierra Del Oro when we were buying (3-4 months ago), and chose Chino Hills instead because there's a lot more stuff (shopping, eating, etc etc.) Sierra Del Oro is sort of in a bubble, not near Dos Lagos shops, and not near any other shopping/eating hubs really. The only thing it's got going for it is a great commute to OC -- but to Rowland area, not so much.
i agree only 3 miles to OC...BUT NO SHOPPING!
area looks nice thou, all built after 1990...I always thought thou that siera del oro is way better deal than paying 35% more 3 miles away in yorba linda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties