Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 10:55 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,852,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Police sources are giving the names Farouk Saaed and Tayyeep Bin Ardogan as the 2 dead, the third suspect has not been identified. The first dead suspect is listed as a legal US resident, the second is still unconfirmed.
Do you have an article link that says Syed Farook is one of the two suspect who died?

I can't seem to find a clear answer in the articles I've read. They all state that Farook is confirmed "suspect," but don't actually say if he was one of the two who got shot up in the SUV standoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 10:59 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
Do you have an article link that says Syed Farook is one of the two suspect who died?

I can't seem to find a clear answer in the articles I've read. They all state that Farook is confirmed "suspect," but don't actually say if he was one of the two who got shot up in the SUV standoff.
No, they keep backing off of pieces of info that were previously released. They aren't saying anything at this point and they aren't confirming what they've already said.

At least CAIR is here to set us all straight about what really took place.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:18 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post

Maybe you know by now, Syed Farook was one of the two suspects killed. Tashfeen Malik, a woman, was the other one.
San Bernardino shooting - LA Times

Last edited by pacific2; 12-02-2015 at 11:33 PM..

Old 12-03-2015, 12:09 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Just posting to extend my sympathies to your area during this time. Domestic terrorism, international terrorism, or internationally-influenced domestic terrorism, it's sometimes a sad and always an unpredictable world we live in. Where I live, we dealt with the massacre at Sandy Hook ES and while each incident is different, the wave of emotions is similar. Hang in there.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:18 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisaro TMF View Post
It's all terrorism, It's domestic terrorism. All mass shootings are terrorism.
Cruz, Trump and Ben Carson would love to hear it was some Muslim extremists who pulled this off, as domestic terrorists do nothing to help their cause. Have they ever mentioned Timothy McVeigh?

What's usually forgotten, in something like this, is the injured! How badly injured? Will they ever be able to work again? Will they end up in a nursing home? Will they suffer PTSD the rest of their lives? Will some end up on disability or life support?

The dead? Their worries are over!

Last edited by tijlover; 12-03-2015 at 12:34 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 12:27 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Maybe you know by now, Syed Farook was one of the two suspects killed. Tashfeen Malik, a woman, was the other one.
Channel 4 got a photo of Farook from a relative. It's none of the photos floating around from facebook.

Old 12-03-2015, 04:03 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Just posting to extend my sympathies to your area during this time. Domestic terrorism, international terrorism, or internationally-influenced domestic terrorism, it's sometimes a sad and always an unpredictable world we live in. Where I live, we dealt with the massacre at Sandy Hook ES and while each incident is different, the wave of emotions is similar. Hang in there.
I am sure our forefathers did not mean that "the right to bear arms", meant shooting people, for any injustices we think we may have. How did Australia get rid of their weapons?

Here in our community of Colorado Springs; we have had 2 horrific, senseless murders and injuries; Halloween and the day after Thanksgiving.

My heart goes out to all the families and friends of the deceased and all those that were injured, in your community, as well as Colorado Springs... and to people that are hurting for our cities and America. I pray that the leaders of our country wake up and DO SOMETHING to help the people of this great nation to get out of this pit we are in.

Law enforcement in both communities did such an OUTSTANDING job.

Last edited by mollygee; 12-03-2015 at 04:13 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 05:17 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Husband & wife were the shooters. The wife was from Saudi Arabia. (I heard this on the CBS Morning Show.)

Old 12-03-2015, 05:41 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
This is absolutely crazy:

How Often Do Mass Shootings Occur? On Average, Every Day, Records Show
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/us...=top-news&_r=0

"More than one a day.

That is how often, on average, shootings that left four or more people wounded or dead occurred in the United States this year, according to compilations of episodes derived from news reports.

Including the worst mass shooting of the year, which unfolded horrifically on Wednesday in San Bernardino, Calif., a total of 462 people have died and 1,314 have been wounded in such attacks this year, many of which occurred on streets or in public settings, the databases indicate.

It is impossible to know whether the number of such shootings has risen in recent years because the databases go back only a couple of years. More data is available for mass shootings calculated by a different standard, one used by congressional researchers and other experts who study mass killings: four or more dead. But experts fiercely debate whether mass shootings by that more deadly standard have remained level or ticked up slightly in recent years."

Last edited by pacific2; 12-03-2015 at 05:51 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 06:00 AM

769 posts, read 830,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Unfortunately I'm picturing "one side" is rooting for a white supremacist militia group, while the "other side" is rooting for it being ISIS. It definitely sounds like a group... could be any, could be about drugs for all we know right now.
That's exactly right

The left with it's anti-gun agenda wants nothing more than this to be some fundamentalist white group...

This being terrorism does not fit with their anti gun agenda...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties