Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 06:07 PM

8 posts, read 8,247 times

Advertisements

Hi! I live in nice suburb in Lake Forest (near Irvine) on a 5000 sq ft lot. Thinking of going to the IE for more room, and among many other reasons, I have no place to put my chickens. Tired of neighbors 5 feet from my house calling code enforcement. Plus, I’d like to get a horse, which obviously will never happen here. SO. Been house-looking for many months. Seems I need minimum $1.5mil to get a house with an acre here in the OC which I cant afford. (that's MINIMUM!) So... I have been looking at a very nice & affordable two acre property in west Riverside, (South Arlington I think it’s called) fairly close to a Metrolink station so my husband can take it to his work in Irvine. Unfortunately, he’s not sold yet on my plan. Neither are the kids. Question is: what can I say to convince them???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 03:01 AM

817 posts, read 923,255 times
I guess the selling point is the commute? I don't know what to say there but I can't imagine that anyone would rather live in OC instead of the IE.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:46 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,883,088 times
Sounds like it would be a lot less expensive to just get rid of the chickens and be a nicer neighbor rather than uproot your children and subject your husband to lengthy commutes.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:23 PM

Well, I was hoping for some intelligent input here, rah. But clearly you are unable. Plus, you have the sense of humor of a doorknob. If you're the epitome of an IE resident, then I'll stay in the OC. Have a great day.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:25 PM

Beardown... so... sarcasm? snark? not sure what you're saying. I was hoping for some actual advice.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:02 PM

1,003 posts, read 789,762 times
Don't but Chickens before your family, stay put!

Old 03-02-2017, 08:26 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,724,157 times
I live in OC, and I know my husband would have a very very hard time if I was dead set on moving to the IE so I could have chickens and horse, and the tradeoff is that he would have a terrible commute. Is there anything at all in it for him, that you can think of? Other than the fact that you would (or might be) happier? For instance, that he could read/relax/get work done o the train? Or, you would have extra money left over after selling your house and buying this new property, which he could use for something he wants?

How about the kids? They have to leave their school, their friends, for...what exactly? Would they like to have horses? (I know that when I was a middle schooler, I would have happily left all my friends behind if I could have had a horse. But not all kids are like I was).

Old 03-03-2017, 05:09 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,654,050 times
There is a street in Norwalk that has horse property on the west side of the street. Domart Avenue is next to the San Gabriel River which has an equestrian trail running from the beach to the mountains. The houses were built in the 50s but they are much cheaper than the 1.5 mil you see in OC.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:28 PM

661 posts, read 834,619 times
South OC to Temecula is a lateral move, Temcula is just as nice the only reason it is cheaper is the location to jobs. Even the weather in Rancho Santa Margarita to Temecula is not that much different in summers.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:54 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChickenChick View Post
Well, I was hoping for some intelligent input here, rah. But clearly you are unable. Plus, you have the sense of humor of a doorknob. If you're the epitome of an IE resident, then I'll stay in the OC. Have a great day.
Don't judge the I.E. by somebody from Palm Springs. Palm Springs is not in the I.E..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties