Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:03 PM

16 posts, read 69,396 times

Advertisements

i am thinking to buy a house since the prices of the market are pretty affordable now in these cities. i am considering these areas: Victorville,Apple valley,hemet,Palmdale,riverside city.
where is easy commute if i drive to Pomona once awhile because my parents are living there?
which city is the safest less crime etc?
which city has the most appreciate value in the future?
which has the best weather?(i know they all in the desert)

Last edited by waltershui; 03-17-2009 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 12:11 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
waltershui originally said:

i am thinking to buy a house since the prices of the market are pretty affordable now in these cities. i am considering these areas: Victorville,Apple valley,hemet,Palmdale,riverside city.
where is easy commute if i drive to Pomona once awhile because my parents are living there?
which city is the safest?
which has the best weather?(i know they all in the desert) [End Quote]

They are all hot and dry. Palmdale and Riverside are the closest to LA proper. I like Hemet because it's just a short cruise up the hill to Idyllwild (6,000 plus feet, pines, snow etc.). Victorville is about 100 miles from LA. maybe 175 going the other way to Vegas / Colorado River. I have a few friends / acquaintances in Agua Dulce (part of Apple Valley). They really like it there. Many areas have lots with a lot of land so it's somewhat private.

I think the larger populations (Palmdale, Pomona etc) have naturally more crime and of course there's the stereotype of the 909 area code (lots of trailers and meth labs?).

Is this for retirement?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post

which city is the safest?
which has the best weather?(i know they all in the desert) [End Quote]

They are all hot and dry. Palmdale and Riverside are the closest to LA proper. I like Hemet because it's just a short cruise up the hill to Idyllwild (6,000 plus feet, pines, snow etc.). Victorville is about 100 miles from LA. maybe 175 going the other way to Vegas / Colorado River. I have a few friends / acquaintances in Agua Dulce (part of Apple Valley). They really like it there. Many areas have lots with a lot of land so it's somewhat private.

I think the larger populations (Palmdale, Pomona etc) have naturally more crime and of course there's the stereotype of the 909 area code (lots of trailers and meth labs?).

Is this for retirement?
thinks for your quick reply!
no, i am 24 years old, i'm finishing school in half year just want think a place to move, i mostly do online business so location is not problem for me.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:16 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times

no, i am 24 years old, i'm finishing school in half year just want think a place to move, i mostly do online business so location is not problem for me. [End Quote]

Are you social? Do you like city life? This will dictate where is better.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:45 PM

95 posts, read 320,419 times
What is online business and how can i get in this?? I always wonder this when I see people who work from home

Old 03-17-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post

no, i am 24 years old, i'm finishing school in half year just want think a place to move, i mostly do online business so location is not problem for me. [End Quote]

Are you social? Do you like city life? This will dictate where is better.
i been live in San Gabriel valley since i came US when i was 14 years old.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin1786 View Post
What is online business and how can i get in this?? I always wonder this when I see people who work from home
i'm selling car parts, windows tints on ebay and my own website.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:40 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
I'd go with Riverside...closest to the ocean (30-40 miles away depending on where in the city you are). Aslo, closest to OC/LA. Lots of variation in neighborhoods, since there over 300k living in the city and over 600-700k in the greater Riverside area (Riverside, Moreno Valley, Corona, Norco). Boring, but way more stuff than the other cities.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:16 PM

i went to looks at properties under 100k in riverside city, all places are looked bad. another other city around riverside would be recommended?

Old 03-18-2009, 03:35 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltershui View Post
i went to looks at properties under 100k in riverside city, all places are looked bad.
What did you expect at that price in a large city close to L.A. and the beach? You should probably be concentrating your efforts in the desert areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties