Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:00 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times

Advertisements

It really comes down to a business decision of risk exposure...

My insurance company actually did site inspections several years ago to verify no dogs on the premises. This was a condition of coverage.

They have a list of prohibited breeds which is quite extensive...

Pet ownership is one of the reasons some renters become homeowners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 03:54 PM

161 posts, read 418,205 times
im not saying that they woundnt ever bite,
im just saying that they arent the ONLY breed that bites, even to kill.
ive been bitten by german shepherd dogs more than any other breed-
yet ill continue to have them.
really-
is it JUST bad rep?
or is it REALLY true about them?
all i know is how the media plays up blood and gore to sell.
i know for a fact cause i took the courses.
they teach you what words to use to sell papers.
also-
is it the short legged ones that are the so called 'bad' ones,
or the 'regular' long legged ones?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Has nothing to do with courage, it's a liability issue.

As serialdriller stated, The anatomy of a pitbull is what gives them their bad name. They have bigger and stronger jaws than other dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroChick05 View Post
i understand the consequences of owning a pitbull,
i was just looking for a sign of hope in someone knowing of a place that had the courage to allow pits in their apartment complex.
my only other option is to find a house to rent, even though its a bit more expensive, its worth it to me.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM

161 posts, read 418,205 times
BUT even if they do have bigger jaws, still-
a bite from a doberman would hurt just as bad wouldnt it?
i still just dont get the difference.
is it because people with no brains fight them?
and thats what gives them a bad name?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroChick05 View Post
I am planning on moving into a new apartment and I have a 7 month old pitbull puppy that I would love to keep with me. I have been looking everywhere and they all have breed restrictions which always includes pitbulls. Of course she is nothing like the stereotype. Does anyone know of any apartment complexes in the Inland Empire that allow pits, preferably close to Cal Poly Pomona University???
sure she's not like the sterotype, until she gets riled up. that breed needs to be exterminated and made extinct. they are a menace to society.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 PM

9 posts, read 71,801 times
^That was very ruthless.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
sure she's not like the sterotype, until she gets riled up. that breed needs to be exterminated and made extinct. they are a menace to society.
Unfortunately, it's just as unlikely the breed will go extinct as it is unlikely ignorance like YOURS will go extinct. -_-;

Any dog can be a menace to society in the wrong hands. Pit bulls are not for everyone, and really a breed for an experienced owner. Have you seen how amazing Cesar Milan is with pit bulls? It's the owner, not the breed. Not everyone is like Cesar, but he just goes to show what proper KNOWLEDGE and handling can do for any dog.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:10 AM

205 posts, read 726,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Wow, I have to say just from that statement alone this person must be very narrow minded, cold hearted, likely a racist, and just plain ignorant. I'm glad that you don't live next to me and my two pit bulls and bulldog. And I've raised my three children and several pits, rots and mixed breeds and never once did my children get mauled or the neighbors children get mauled. They got a ton of kisses and games of chase me. Now I did have someone try to enter my home through a window and they were very speedily dispatched from my home. Or at least thats what we surmised from the torn pants we found in the living room (no blood by the way, and my Spiky was throughly impressed with herself)

I own my own home, I have insurance through Farmers and they know what dogs I have. I also purchased an extra policy as my husband is a gun safety instructor and it never hurts to protect yourself from very sue happy folks. So I'm doubly covered.

Here is a list of companies that from my last research will cover you regardless your dog of choice:

State Farm
Fireman’s Fund
Kemper
Chubb Group
Farmers Insurance
Einhorn (California only)

Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesiia View Post
Wow, I have to say just from that statement alone this person must be very narrow minded, cold hearted, likely a racist, and just plain ignorant.
No, they just have opinions different from yours.

There was no reason to start the name-calling game.

Attack the topic, not each other.

Last edited by Gandalara; 04-03-2010 at 11:15 AM..

Old 04-03-2010, 11:39 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Great, except that the person freesia responded to didn't hold to that rule when he stupidly attacked an entire breed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties