Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:51 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp2010 View Post
Palm Springs proper is marginally better, very GAY so safer and cleaner, but not so great for families.
Oh, do share what you know in the way of statistics - why is Palm Springs "not so great for families"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 12:39 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,132,378 times
Default Salton City is NOT in the Coachella Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Well ..... whatever it is, I steer clear of DHS at all costs! I read all of our local online news sources every day, and there is always some DHS news - mostly bad. I guess you could say ... there's something for everyone!

I pretty much stay out of Indio, Cat City, DHS, Thermal, Mecca, Thousand Palms, most parts of Palm Springs, Salton City, the Cove area of La Quinta ...

Looks like I lead a sheltered life, huh?
Don't forget Coachella, Indio Hills, North Palm Springs, North Shore, Oasis, Sky Valley, Vista Santa Rosa, and Whitewater.

Another thing I'd like to add: Though Salton City is within the boundaries of the Coachella Valley Unified School District (CVUSD), this community is definitely NOT in the Coachella Valley, but in Imperial County. Just thought I'd point that out.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:17 PM

36 posts, read 43,068 times
Damn guys. I read here comments about Desert Hot Springs and reading them i got feeling it is like Oakland. And yesterday i went to check murders numbers for about last 10 years and it showed every year just a few murders in whole year...

Old 03-17-2017, 11:31 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiboca View Post
Damn guys. I read here comments about Desert Hot Springs and reading them i got feeling it is like Oakland. And yesterday i went to check murders numbers for about last 10 years and it showed every year just a few murders in whole year...
Desert Hot Springs is very sma!I compared to Oakland. What is important is the crime rate which is just as high as Oakland. A high crime rate like DHS has is much worse in a small city because you can't escape it like you can in a large city.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:59 PM

Well it is still almost 30 000 people. Plus if we go deeper into statistics or as we would say in my home country statistics are like bikini, they open everything but show nothing considering this places like Oakland Chicago, or other much much bigger cities with about one or two murders per day, where you have hundred of thousands or millions of people and we are realistic that is not acctually bad nor horrible...

Old 03-18-2017, 01:51 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiboca View Post
Well it is still almost 30 000 people. Plus if we go deeper into statistics or as we would say in my home country statistics are like bikini, they open everything but show nothing considering this places like Oakland Chicago, or other much much bigger cities with about one or two murders per day, where you have hundred of thousands or millions of people and we are realistic that is not acctually bad nor horrible...
The difference is that it is hard to avoid the crime in DHS. In Chicago the majority of the people are not affected as the crime is in the South Side where you would never go.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:00 PM

Desert Hot Springs, CA -
A week of violence has continued in Desert Hot Springs.

KMIR News has confirmed that another shooting has taken place within the Desert Hot Springs city limits.

Story: Is There a Gang War Going on in Desert Hot Springs?

At approximately 8PM Saturday evening, Desert Hot Springs Police were called to a home in the area of Two Bunch Palms Trail in response to a shooting.

Police officials tell us that one male subject has been shot and has been transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Story: Desert Hot Springs Murder Victim Identified

Neighbors tell us that Police are asking them if they heard gunshots and for any further information they could provide.

This shooting is under investigation and is the fourth incident to occur in Desert Hot Springs this week.

Stay with KMIR as we get more information on this breaking news.

It looks like you were more right than me

Old 03-21-2019, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 622 times
Hi just want to ask about DHS i have 8children from 9yrs to 2months and we're homeless living in motel the only one that will allow us in but it costing to much I'm a stay home dad but come this weekend we will be broke and can't pay another day but wife boss offered to pay her $1.50 more and lend us money to get a place in desert hot springs so she can work at his restaurant.also out here in sgv Covina my kids are doing good in a good school just as are homeless and don't know what to do i say stay and struggle and kids get good schooling or place to live and place for kids to get bad schooling ?????help me please anyone please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties