Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:21 AM

187 posts, read 636,211 times

Advertisements

I have a question..i am very concerned about the swine flu and i refuse to take the new vaccination.It is too new and not long tested,my child will not be a guinea pig.

YouTube - Girl Gets "Flu" Shot & Now Can Only Walk Backwards!

Obama’s Daughters Not Vaccinated For H1N1 » Right Pundits

Obama has declared swine flu national emergency.With this swine flu can be everything behind,can be worse then described.A girl in elementary school has just died,2 schools were closed.

How is the situation in Temecula?Were any schools closed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 08:40 AM

209 posts, read 749,654 times
flu shots are not new and have been tested. don't take it, get sick, big deal. but don't use pseudoscientific, fearmongering arguements to back up an uninformed opinion.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,766,781 times
Flu shots have a possible rare side effect of Guillain-Barre syndrome(occurrence of about 1 in 1 million), though it seems they're not sure if it's caused by the shot or caused by the immune reaction(evidence suggests that just getting the flu can trigger it as well). 80% of people recover fully.

In reality, everything has a sideeffect, even tylenol. You have to measure the risk, and decide if the risk is great enough. During a normal year, around 36000 people die in the US of flu or flu complications. This flu variant(H1N1) is the same subtype as the spanish flu epidemic of 1918. Somewhere around 50million-100million people died from that, which was around 3-6% of the population at the time(and a mortality rate of 1 in 5 to 1 in 10). The majority of that came after a first wave of mild flu, like we've seen so far. The second wave was a mutated virus that did most of the damage. With the spectre of that potential looming overhead, do you take the risk of being 1 in 1 million that has a real bad reaction to the flu vaccine?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:01 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
That's horrible...that poor woman !!! I've never had the flu, and I've never had a flu shot. I think it's just govt. hype so they can inject you with their mind altering drugs...

Old 10-27-2009, 02:53 PM

and for reference, you are about 4 times as likely to be struck by lightning as you are to have the guillaine barre syndrome side effect from a flu shot

Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
Don't eat out: flu germs can be conveyed via food prep. Keep your hands clean before touching any membrane areas or facial areas or before eating especially.

Then, unless you are immune compromised or unless you inhale someone's cough, you'll be safe.

I have never had a flu shot & never had the flu.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:38 AM

i like obama and i would have voted for him and i have no problem to admit it (i am a democrat and my husband is a republican),but i do not like the fact,that in his speech,he advices me to take the flu shot and his daughters did not get it.It is like preaching water and drinking wine.

I do not take the risk,not even one in one million.I have never had a flu shot and i will never have one.

Health is a big bussiness in california,these are my experiences, i made hier and my friends,this is the conclusion i have.My husband had an emergency,the bill was around ten tousand dollar,for not even a night in hospital (most of it waiting).The bills
are exagerated in this country and do not reflect the reality.There are a lot of interventions,that are made for money and not that they are urgently needed.My american friend around 30 had an ovarian problem,they decided,she needs to be operated,the ovary taken out and set an appointment for an operation.She was ready to go to teh operation,but she talked with me first.I found the rapidity,with which they send people hier to interventions insane!I brought her to an european doctor,i trust hier,who gave her a good treatment and yes,it was no need for an operation in this young age.Pacients hier are like mass patients,this is my feeling as european and coming form europe.They want maximal profit with investing minimum of time.They prescribe also a lot of pills,while european doctors try first with hoemopatic products and take more time with the patient and his desease.
I do not trust doctors hier in california generally,it is a lot hier about making money and big money.I am schocked how high the bills are and how the pacient is treated hier,as a source of money.I made bad experiences also at dentist.The second opinion,a doctor i trust,did not discover the same number of cavities.It made me furious,because it was about a child and if you want to make money on the back of a child,you are a disguesting person,fix cavities,that do not really exist.But somebody needs to pay for the bmw and his luxurious lifestyle.Not me,i always want a second or third opinion,especially in california.
So..I DO NOT TRUST!PERIODE!I live very healthy,i eat right,cook fresh every day,i avoid taking pills,prefer homeopatic products,but if i need a big operation,i sure take the first plane to europe and God save me from emergencies in this country,i could see teh situation at my husband,was schoked,coming from Germany,where soemthign like this would never occure and then ask for such a bill!!The emergency rooms are totally crowded,the whole health system
needs urgently reform,it si a disaster in my opinion.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 PM

181 posts, read 684,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza 1313 View Post
i like obama and i would have voted for him and i have no problem to admit it (i am a democrat and my husband is a republican),but i do not like the fact,that in his speech,he advices me to take the flu shot and his daughters did not get it.It is like preaching water and drinking wine.

I do not take the risk,not even one in one million.I have never had a flu shot and i will never have one.

Health is a big bussiness in california,these are my experiences, i made hier and my friends,this is the conclusion i have.My husband had an emergency,the bill was around ten tousand dollar,for not even a night in hospital (most of it waiting).The bills
are exagerated in this country and do not reflect the reality.There are a lot of interventions,that are made for money and not that they are urgently needed.My american friend around 30 had an ovarian problem,they decided,she needs to be operated,the ovary taken out and set an appointment for an operation.She was ready to go to teh operation,but she talked with me first.I found the rapidity,with which they send people hier to interventions insane!I brought her to an european doctor,i trust hier,who gave her a good treatment and yes,it was no need for an operation in this young age.Pacients hier are like mass patients,this is my feeling as european and coming form europe.They want maximal profit with investing minimum of time.They prescribe also a lot of pills,while european doctors try first with hoemopatic products and take more time with the patient and his desease.
I do not trust doctors hier in california generally,it is a lot hier about making money and big money.I am schocked how high the bills are and how the pacient is treated hier,as a source of money.I made bad experiences also at dentist.The second opinion,a doctor i trust,did not discover the same number of cavities.It made me furious,because it was about a child and if you want to make money on the back of a child,you are a disguesting person,fix cavities,that do not really exist.But somebody needs to pay for the bmw and his luxurious lifestyle.Not me,i always want a second or third opinion,especially in california.
So..I DO NOT TRUST!PERIODE!I live very healthy,i eat right,cook fresh every day,i avoid taking pills,prefer homeopatic products,but if i need a big operation,i sure take the first plane to europe and God save me from emergencies in this country,i could see teh situation at my husband,was schoked,coming from Germany,where soemthign like this would never occure and then ask for such a bill!!The emergency rooms are totally crowded,the whole health system

Exactly. I couldn't have put it better. America's health care system is a joke. It is not a "heath care" system at all. It is all for profit. I can't wait to get out of here one day- to a country that cares about it's people, and their well being- not about money.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza 1313 View Post

It's your right(for now) to decide not to take it, but just be aware that if the virus mutates like the 1918 variety, the mortality rate was 1 in 5 to 1 in 10, rather than almost nil for the vaccine and 1 in 1million for GBS, which the majority recover from regardless. Contrary to typical flu conditions, the 1918 variant(just like the current variant is showing so far) hurt healthy adults/young adults the most rather than children or the elderly.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM

it looks like is not my right...i heart in riverside,children had to take the flu shot in school,and if they decided not to,they got suspended..UNBELIEVABLE!!this is worse then in communism!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties