Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:44 AM

48 posts, read 78,813 times

Advertisements

Currently in public schools in SDUSD there is a blue card with immunization info on the front. On the back is the waiver that is allowed by state law. I have two kids in different public schools and have seen the form this year as one of my kids went to a new school and I had to fill out new forms. It may have changed since September I guess but in September the waiver was there.

Here is the info from the SDUSD website
http://www.sandi.net/204510720959497...BCOB=0&C=55882

Last edited by momtaxi; 05-09-2011 at 01:58 AM..

Old 05-09-2011, 07:56 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,992,599 times
I can't believe the schools let parents get away with this nonsense. Fringe science and fakery still seem to convince some people who are looking for the next big thing.

Jenny McCarthy followers are about as bad as the Scientologists who believe in Xenu.

Every day you hear of some new finding i.e. alcohol is bad for you...but it may be good for you....but cutting fat will help you lose weight....but eat fats and proteins, it's the carbs that cause weight gain...

Sticking to the old tried and true, if it ain't broke, why fix it? Because some ex-Playboy playmate is in denial?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:02 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,346,811 times
It all may depend on the principal of a particular school whether or not he/she will honor the waiver. The schools that I worked at would not. The principal and nurse would explain to the parent the importance of immunizing their children, and that they were free to attend another school that might.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:45 PM

46 posts, read 148,571 times
whole thing makes me sick, we all vaccinate our children..then someone else thinks their children are "special"

isn't it nice that our children won't expose yours to disease? let me guess, you claim a religious exemption?

Old 05-13-2011, 07:23 PM

110 posts, read 383,816 times
You live close to Mexico, where communicable diseases are an extremely common occurrence. Whether you like it or not, you will have regular interactions with people who travel there or have contact with people who do, so not vaccinating your kid is going to be rolling the dice every single day.

You're doing your kid a disservice, but I suppose that's your right as a parent.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 PM

961 posts, read 2,567,547 times
I am pretty sure that the original poster did not ask for anyone's blessing and/or advice regarding their personal decision. They simply asked for help in finding a suitable pediatrician. I would imagine that everyone who has seen fit to attack the poster has something that they feel strongly about. I can also imagine that you would not take kindly to others attacking you about it (especially if the opinions were unsolicited). The bad behavior on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:42 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,388,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynetarzana View Post
I am pretty sure that the original poster did not ask for anyone's blessing and/or advice regarding their personal decision. They simply asked for help in finding a suitable pediatrician. I would imagine that everyone who has seen fit to attack the poster has something that they feel strongly about. I can also imagine that you would not take kindly to others attacking you about it (especially if the opinions were unsolicited). The bad behavior on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't look at it as "attacking a poster". It's normal for people posting questions on public forums to get feedback of opinions on any given subject. Especially opinions where the proven science is very clear.

So the OP shouldn't feel threatened by people giving their opinions. That is totally expected on a public forum. I wouldn't look at it as bad behavior.

If I posted a question like, "please post a doctor that might recommend giving my kids sleeping pills" or something else that the vast majority of the people wouldn't agree with, then I'd expect to get some strong opinions on the matter against it.

Let's be objective here on the type of question the OP was asking. It's not like she/he was asking for the nearest supermarket....

Old 05-13-2011, 08:55 PM

134 posts, read 310,168 times
Since the OP's actions would endanger the lives of my children, their own children, and my community, I don't give two figs about whether the OP asked for my advice on their original decision. As far as I'm concerned, not vaccinating is tantamount to child abuse.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 PM

384 posts, read 981,353 times
We do vaccinate, but I can understand some of the worries that people have about vaccines. And I'll bet that most of you posting that it's child abuse to not vaccinate would be guilty of harming your kids by feeding them too much fast food and "Lunchables", using plastic bottles with bisphenol-A, etc. People in glass houses.....

Old 05-14-2011, 08:33 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,119,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlarsen23 View Post
Since the OP's actions would endanger the lives of my children, their own children, and my community, I don't give two figs about whether the OP asked for my advice on their original decision. As far as I'm concerned, not vaccinating is tantamount to child abuse.
Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego