Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 05:09 PM

17 posts, read 76,561 times

Advertisements

I am looking at a few reaonsably priced apts in Encinitas. On specifically, Mission Ridge at 1320 Via Terrassa, just east of I-5. I would be communting to Del Mar at Del Mar Hights Rd and El Camino Real. What would the commute be like? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,394 times
I was searching for the apartment's webste (to find the office hours) and ran across your post. I live at Mission Ridge and really like it. We're in one of the 'older' 2 bed flats and think it's great. It's a really quiet complex (at least it is around my place), there's always parking and maintenance has been quick the one or two times we've needed it. Albertsons is right down the street and there's a Ralphs, Trader Joe's, Vons and Henry's within maybe a minute or two drive.

Your commute won't be -that- bad, but you're right in the thick of it both ways. Going south in the morning, it starts to slow anywhere around Poinsettia or La Costa usually down to anywhere from Manchester to Del Mar. Be sure to take El Camino > Manchester to get to the 5 in the morning.

In the afternoons it's always bad north from Del Mar Heights to Lomas Santa Fe. However, you don't have far to go besides that, but you'll definitely be in traffic. How bad it really is, I don't know because I normally go the opposite way to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkreuder View Post
I am looking at a few reaonsably priced apts in Encinitas. On specifically, Mission Ridge at 1320 Via Terrassa, just east of I-5. I would be communting to Del Mar at Del Mar Hights Rd and El Camino Real. What would the commute be like? Thanks!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:11 PM

87 posts, read 699,895 times
Traffic is beyond miserable and full of plastic fake rich snobby people.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM

87 posts, read 409,072 times
The commute may be bumper to bumper (for a pretty short time really) but who cares?! Leave a bit earlier and enjoy the scenery lol. I can think of worse things than sitting in traffic with an ocean view

Old 08-23-2007, 08:11 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,112 times
SoCal78 is 150% right.Bad traffic and the most snobbiest/rich people you would ever meet.That's why I don't like the North County.bumper to bumper for a shprt time?45+ mins is not short.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:20 PM

87 posts, read 409,072 times
I drove that route every day and it never bothered me. It's all a matter of perspective. I also don't think it takes 45 minutes to get from Encinitas to Del Mar but I could be wrong. I drove from Vista to La Jolla so I am not sure what that particular segment of drive took but I do know that I got to work in just a bit over an hour. I also never really noticed if the people in the car next to me were snobby, plastic and/or rich. Not really sure how to make that judgement call on the freeway anyways. I do know that I grew up in North County and live on the East Coast now and would gladly trade the rude hillbillies I live with now for the snobby rich people in CA. Grass is always greener...

Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 PM

87 posts, read 699,895 times
North County is a hole.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 PM

14 posts, read 72,557 times
um, yeah there's no way that would take 45 minutes, since I commute from OB to Carlsbad (which sucks ass (the commute I mean)) and it takes me 45 minutes.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:56 PM

3 posts, read 11,549 times
Fairly easy commute. Depends on the time of day. Buy it would be shorter than 90% of other San Diegans. You will LOVE Encinitas, assuming your a fairly young adult. I loved it there when I lived there. E of I-% is less exopensive than west...but you;re still close to the beach. Hit The Kragen Bar for a cold one. See Jerry the bartender.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:39 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal78 View Post
Traffic is beyond miserable and full of plastic fake rich snobby people.
Man, that's quite the description of North County residents. Not like you're painting with a broad brush there. What happened to you in North County to give you such a bad impression? I'm born and raised in Solana Beach-Encinitas and don't have the same impression, to say the least. But maybe that's cuz I'm "plastic, fake, rich, and snobby."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego