Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,547,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI BOUND 37 View Post
Anyone living in San Diego ever get bored with the weather? I mean just daydreaming about thunderstorms,hurricanes, blizzards, snowstorms etc.
In my opinion, moving to SD & missing any of these is like leaving an abusive relationship and missing getting beat up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 12:46 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightslash999 View Post
I really don't understand peoples aversion to high humidity. It shouldn't affect you unless the temperatures get to be 85+. Besides, I think its worth it to have warmer ocean water. I'm from Durban, South Africa (a city which constantly rates as having one of the best climates in the world) and the climate there is better than san diego in every category... The high in summer is 80 degrees with the water temperature hovering between 78-84... temps of 85+ are rare. And in winter the high is around 73 degrees with 72-74 water temps. Surfers wear wetsuits maybe 2 months out of the year and swimming is comfortable year round.

But if you cant handle 80 degrees with high humidity then stick with san diego's freezing temps. I'll take the high humidity. better for your skin anyways, no?

p.s. san diego is obv the better place to live, just talking about climate and ocean temps.
I'm a fan of humidity, as well, as long as we get a break in it. And I just checked the weather stats for Durban and would be thrilled if SD had similar stats. It's those shark infested waters that would worry me, though.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 PM

11 posts, read 16,911 times
I love San Diego weather, but I do miss good ol' Texas thunderstorms from time to time. What's considered rain here hardly qualifies as mist and does nothing but muck up roads just enough to wreak havoc.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Exclamation yep...

Quote:
Anyone living in San Diego ever get bored with the weather? I mean just daydreaming about thunderstorms,hurricanes, blizzards, snowstorms etc.
and because I grew up in it, I moved to Oregon the month I turned 18 y/o and have never gone back.
Koale

Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
Definitely not. I have lived in different climates and have lived many years in Southern California. I would be happy for every day to be sunny, low humidity, and in the 80's to 90's. Of course it does need to rain once in awhile or we will dry up.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
In my opinion, moving to SD & missing any of these is like leaving an abusive relationship and missing getting beat up.
+1

Exactly!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightslash999 View Post
I really don't understand peoples aversion to high humidity. It shouldn't affect you unless the temperatures get to be 85+. Besides, I think its worth it to have warmer ocean water. I'm from Durban, South Africa (a city which constantly rates as having one of the best climates in the world) and the climate there is better than san diego in every category... The high in summer is 80 degrees with the water temperature hovering between 78-84... temps of 85+ are rare. And in winter the high is around 73 degrees with 72-74 water temps. Surfers wear wetsuits maybe 2 months out of the year and swimming is comfortable year round.

But if you cant handle 80 degrees with high humidity then stick with san diego's freezing temps. I'll take the high humidity. better for your skin anyways, no?

p.s. san diego is obv the better place to live, just talking about climate and ocean temps.
I lived in SE Florida for 8 years where the climate and ocean is just like you describe though the ocean temperatures are a little higher in Florida. I hate the high humidity and couldn't wait to move back to San Diego.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,975,078 times
Midwest may have snow, thunderstorms, and tornadoes, and the coastal states out east may deal with hurricanes and such, but California is still a heck of a lot more expensive to live in! Plus I've lived in areas my whole life where we do have 4 different seasons, I would miss it too much if I ever left this kind of climate.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Midwest may have snow, thunderstorms, and tornadoes, and the coastal states out east may deal with hurricanes and such, but California is still a heck of a lot more expensive to live in! Plus I've lived in areas my whole life where we do have 4 different seasons, I would miss it too much if I ever left this kind of climate.
What has the cost of living in California got to do with the subject of boring weather?

Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,975,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
What has the cost of living in California got to do with the subject of boring weather?
You pay more in taxes and cost of living to avoid averse weather and enjoy boring weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego