Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:30 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
You price range is around the same as ours at the moment, and we've been considering Easlake/Otay Ranch in Chula Vista and are in the early stages of purchasing. There's definitely SFHs under $275,000 there. The only downside is that it would be a be a bit of a commute to Poway from there and HOA fees/Mello Roos tax can be high depending on the property. Still might be worth a look--we really like it down there.
Hey Pink,
We may be neighbors somewhat! We've decided to rent in the Otay Ranch area for a year, our Grandson will do the 6th grade down there, and we can get a feel for the area and the school. We hope to be able to find something we can pay cash for and not have that Mortgage!!
We're close to deciding on a new complex called Rosina Vista - have you heard of it or seen it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 AM

35 posts, read 67,724 times
I wanted to say that I realized I actually know that "Golf" neighborhood. A friend of grew up in that area, so I visited it numerous times when I was younger. I didn't live there myself, but from what I saw of it, it seemed to be a decent neighborhood. I didn't recognize it on the overhead map view, hence my skepticism earlier.

If you feel the need to buy now then go for it. If you can get a low enough rate it should be affordable. At the current price levels I don't think you're looking at the risk of a serious loss. If we haven't hit bottom yet, we will within the next couple of years. Worst case scenario you'll probably break even vs continuing to pay rent provided you can stay in the home for at least a few years.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 764 times
I live in Brookside. My husband and I bought in 2003 and we really like it. There hasn't been a rash of flips in the neighborhood. The neighbors around us are home owners and are interested in keep up the yards and maintaining the neighborhood. People go walking at night and during the morning. If you decide to buy...welcome to the neighborhood.

Cheers
Victoria

Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salissav View Post
My husband and I are looking at houses in this neighborhood. It's the streets just under the 125 and 94 that are named after golf terms, like Par, Fairway, Trophy, etc. It's also referred to as Brookside.

The neighborhood streets are very nice looking but the surrounding area looks pretty sketchy.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what this neighborhood is like. We have an almost 3 year old and we would plan on staying in the house for about 5-7 years so he would be going to elementary school in that area. Also, he would be participating in sports like soccer or baseball. How are those activities in the area. What about the parks?

What about resale values? I think there was a rash of foreclosures last year that have since been purchased and flipped by investors.
Hello, I live in Brookside with my husband and 4 children for 13yrs. Brookside is a great family oriented neighborhood. I have neighbors that have raised their children here and those kids have bought homes here to also raise their families. It may not have the best curb appeal for some of the homes, and yes we are very close to some less desired surrounding areas, but overall, most of us know one another and make sure that we keep our neighborhood safe and a pleasant place to live. We have the famous Annual Yard Sale, been going on for over 30yrs, the whole neighborhood gets out and it's like our own festival. Also, Block party and Chili cook-off to Christmas cookie exchange get together. We even have our very own Facebook page, private-closed page. We love living here, love being close to downtown and 20 minutes to the next beach, and the mountains are not to far away either. Good luck with your decision.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 640 times
We've lived in Brookside for nearly 20 years, raised two kids (still raising one, the other is in college.) We have a facebook page, we have yearly events like a block party, Christmas cookie contest, island cleanups, and informal get togethers on the main island on Fairway. People here are friendly and look out for each other. Most are very proud of their homes and very considerate of their neighbors. It's a very unusual place...once you get to know people, it's like living in an old neighborhood where people know each other and share tips on plumbers, carpenters, babysitters, recipes, and everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego