Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 AM

50,297 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

^ Go LA go LA go LA........SD sucks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Other than the ocean water being much warmer, I am not a fan of the beaches in Miami. I think they are boring and ugly. Nothing worse than having to walk in between hideous highrises to get to the water. Waves? What waves? I have more fun sitting out by the pool in Vegas and Palm Springs. And can South Beach be anymore overrated?

I'll be in SB next month, but I'm looking for forward to the Key West part of the trip more.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:15 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,046 times
^^Are you single and into partying? If not, then of course SB is overrated to you

Old 08-29-2012, 03:48 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
San Diego Beaches Vs Miami beaches....

Will Smith wrote a song about Miami not San Diego. Therefore it must be better there.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:29 PM

50,297 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
San Diego Beaches Vs Miami beaches....

Will Smith wrote a song about Miami not San Diego. Therefore it must be better there.
Yep, can't cross up Willy. Miami #1 GO MIAMIIIIIII!!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoTejas View Post
Just went to San Diego for the first time this past weekend, checked out Ocean Beach and Imperial Beach. Tried to get to La Jolla but there was some traffic mess going on. I have family in the Miami area and have been there many times, south beach, sunny isles, Hallandale, Hollywood, ft. lauderdale and west palm. I wouldn't call one better than the other, they are both top notch when it comes to US beaches. Some obvious differences, the water is colder in SD and the surf is better. Miami, and south beach especially has the clear, warm, calm water typical of south Florida and the Caribbean. Temperature in Miami is scorching in the summer, 100 degrees and high humidity, San Diego is more of a perpetual spring. The Miami beaches feel more urban to me, massive highrises right on the beach backed by generally dense city, though this changes the further north you go. San Diego beaches felt more like little towns on the beach, lots of cottage type houses and surf shops, a more laid back vibe.

The cities exhibit general east coast / west coast differences, Miami has the edgy pace typical of eastern urban areas and is extremely materialistic in places like sobe and palm, the ft lauderdale area less so. San Diego's nightlife is more bar oriented than Miami's club and lounge scene, I felt like I would have to search to find a velvet rope in the gas lamp district. In general I would say San Diego is more relaxed.
bro, this is perfectly accurate.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
^^Are you single and into partying? If not, then of course SB is overrated to you
I admit that my partying days are over, but it's always been overrated to me. Nightlife, people (sorry, but everyone doesn't look like a supermodel), touristy beyond belief, full of ugly apartment buildings, blah, blah, blah.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 AM

12 posts, read 28,674 times
I am from San Diego, currently living in South Beach, Miami.

Both are very beautiful in my opinion, but me personally 'love' the color and the warm water in southern florida...
Once you get past the 'party' reputation Miami Beach has, it truly is a very beautiful place. If you are into the Tropical feel with lots of palm trees everywhere, a very unique Art Deco Architecture and awesome warm afternoon thunderstorms,....this is for you.

SD is arguably one of the most desirable cities in America, lots of diversity, cool waves and an overall nice balance.
The water is cold, but refreshing.
Both beaches are awesome, but i give the warm waters of the Atlantic/Caribbean the edge...

Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Miami beaches are mostly flat, and covered in a fine white powdery sand. The water is tropical and warm. You can find lots of white coral and colorful seashells along the beach. Miami gets lots of rain, which is one drawback. I remember going on vacation there and it rained almost the entire week.

San Diego has some very scenic beaches, such as La Jolla and Torrey Pines, with rocky cliffs adding to the beauty of the landscape. Water temps are typically in the 60's and low 70's during the summer. It rarely ever rains in San Diego between March and December, and the air temperature in SD remains comfortable nearly all year round.

My vote would be for San Diego.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words ....

Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,365,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcaypirates View Post
I am from San Diego, currently living in South Beach, Miami.

Both are very beautiful in my opinion, but me personally 'love' the color and the warm water in southern florida...
Once you get past the 'party' reputation Miami Beach has, it truly is a very beautiful place. If you are into the Tropical feel with lots of palm trees everywhere, a very unique Art Deco Architecture and awesome warm afternoon thunderstorms,....this is for you.

SD is arguably one of the most desirable cities in America, lots of diversity, cool waves and an overall nice balance.
The water is cold, but refreshing.
Both beaches are awesome, but i give the warm waters of the Atlantic/Caribbean the edge...

Been to both…and the above is a pretty on target post. They are both very beautiful.

I also would give the edge to Miami: That castaway tropical nomad feeling you get (even in mid winter) in Miami you just can’t get in San Diego: In Miami you feel like you’re on the French River or in Rio…in San Diego you feel more stateside (in the USA). The warm waters, the Caribbean vibe, the art deco buildings, the lower latitude…etc gives Miami a more relaxed feel at least on vacation.

This video always reminds me of that tropical feel on Miami:

South Beach, Miami - riding on the boardwalk along South Beach - YouTube

South Beach, Miami - riding on the boardwalk along South Beach - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego