Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 01:28 AM

73 posts, read 167,491 times

Advertisements

Basically OP if u like the Caribbean feel, bigger Latino/hispanic culture, nice beaches, lower state sales tax, no personal income state tax, closer to family, warmer ocean water, closer and better pro sports teams lol, then S.Fla will be your choice... As much as i LIKE the Chargers i think they suck as a organization and team but after all the firings this past season maybe this will be the turn around they need
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,127,339 times
It really depends on (1) Can you get or do you have jobs in Florida?, (2) which climate (Mediterranean/Desert Dry or sutropical humid) do you prefer? and (3) cost of living.

Basically it is a personal choice that no one can make for you. Personally, I'm a CA native but I'm absolutely leaving this state (for TX in my case) as soon as praticable mainly due to the over-crowding and high costs here. But, we always have to remember that no place was, is or ever will be perfect, And none are wrong or right for everyone.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelaki View Post
It really depends on (1) Can you get or do you have jobs in Florida?, (2) which climate (Mediterranean/Desert Dry or sutropical humid) do you prefer? and (3) cost of living.

Basically it is a personal choice that no one can make for you. Personally, I'm a CA native but I'm absolutely leaving this state (for TX in my case) as soon as praticable mainly due to the over-crowding and high costs here. But, we always have to remember that no place was, is or ever will be perfect, And none are wrong or right for everyone.

This is correct. Someone born/raised in California will like SoFla for a little while. High humidity and afternoon rain showers (everyday) will get to you.
I did the Texas thing and the summer weather is brutal, unrelenting. Plan on being hot and running AC 24/7 from late May till Mid September. There are always trade offs....

Old 03-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Lol i really doesnt rain everyday in S.Fla...it has its rainy seasons and usless theres a storm or something rain online last a few minutes and drys up. It might be raining in one spot but half a mile down the road its not, me personally i like S.Fla better just because of the weather, Caribbean enviroment, mixture of Latin women , beautiful beaches, and warm clear ocean water. The first time i went to the beach in PB was around end of july/beginning of aug and the water was soo cold

Old 03-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Summer in Miami. Its rare not to see a little thunderstorm pop up, but it adds nicely to the high humidity.
I like Miami in Jan/Feb/March and the ocean temps are good. Summer water temps in SD are great too. I dont like warm water like the Gulf of Mexico. Hawaii has good water temps too, part of why its not too humid there.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:52 PM

I dont know about the water temp thing but i been to South Beach in march,april,aug,sept and the water has always been warm where u can just jump in a feel good. I been to the beach here in San Diego in july,aug, and sept and the water was too cold i couldnt just jump in i had to slowly walk in to get my body used to how cold it was.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reice03 View Post
I dont know about the water temp thing but i been to South Beach in march,april,aug,sept and the water has always been warm where u can just jump in a feel good. I been to the beach here in San Diego in july,aug, and sept and the water was too cold i couldnt just jump in i had to slowly walk in to get my body used to how cold it was.
Ocean temps create humidity. Warm water in Miami creates humidity. The cool Pacific off the coast of California is a giant air conditioner and it keeps the air drier.
Yeah, I think SoCal water in summer is great, refreshing with warm dry air is perfect.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:55 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
SoCal summer water usually reaches 73F, which I think is good because, although at first it feels cold, it's much warmer than the water usually is, but you can still cool off from the sunny 85F weather. Hawaii always has ocean temperatures between 77-82F, which I think is perfect. Miami's water is like 73F in winter, which is nice, and 86F in summer, which I'd imagine is too warm, given how hot and muggy Miami is during that time.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM

So Cal is lucky if the water temp gets anywhere close to 70, Miami mid 70-mid 80 is correct though. I love the beach but i hate cold water i like to just jump right in. Its just my opinion though like i said i like the Carribbean feel of S.Florida and the warm ocean water which is good for scuba diving,snorkeling, jet skiing, fishing, etc since thats what i like to do. The water here in S.D. is just to cold for me overall the Atlantic coast waters is just at least 10 degrees warmer overall all year long.

Atlantic South= US NODC Coastal Water Temperature Guide

Southern Cali= US NODC Coastal Water Temperature Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
SoCal summer water usually reaches 73F, which I think is good because, although at first it feels cold, it's much warmer than the water usually is, but you can still cool off from the sunny 85F weather. Hawaii always has ocean temperatures between 77-82F, which I think is perfect. Miami's water is like 73F in winter, which is nice, and 86F in summer, which I'd imagine is too warm, given how hot and muggy Miami is during that time.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 PM

23 posts, read 42,276 times
Just moved to San Diego from Washington. And I love it! Love the diversity mix. Asian, whites and some hispanics...it is gravy...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego