Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 11:26 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Does the district offer Kosher meat? If it does, then I'm afraid they have no choice but to offer halal meats otherwise they will be sued for discrimination.

If they dont offer Kosher then they should not have to offer halal meat.

To me religion is just stupid all around. I mean, specially prepared meats in order to not anger your deity in the sky?
Girl, please...
None of the school districts offer Kosher meat. It would be virtually impossible for any school district to maintain each religion's and/or a particular student's religious dietary restrictions. If the kids have restrictions, they need to bring their own lunch. I have a friend who packs her son a lunch every day, because she doesn't want him eating school food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 01:27 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
List of foods not allowed. Nearly impossible to cover all of this for all kids.
Any grain products prepared with Haram ingredients such as alcohol, animal shortening, lard or pure and artificial vanilla extract
Any vegetables and fruit prepared with alcohol, animal shortening, bacon, gelatin, lard or some margarines which contain monoglycerides or diglycerides from an animal source
Cheese, yogourt, ice cream, frozen tofu desserts made with animal rennet, gelatin, lipase, pepsin, pure or artificial vanilla extract or whey
Pork and pork products, e.g. bacon, deli meats, ham and sausage
Blood used as an ingredient or used in preparing the food
Meat and poultry not slaughtered according to Islamic dietary law
Canned beans, peas and lentils containing pork
Any meat and meat alternative dish prepared with alcohol, pork products or animal shortening
Beverages: beer, wine, alcohol, liqueur
Fats and oils: animal shortening, lard
Miscellaneous: chocolates/candies made with alcohol or pure or artificial vanilla extract
Desserts made with gelatin
Sweeteners: chocolate liqueur (made from alcohol
Main dish entrées: any combination foods prepared with Haram foods and ingredients
Soups/sauces: any prepared with Haram foods and ingredients
Desserts and sweets: any prepared with alcohol, pure or artificial vanilla extract or any other Haram ingredient
Sure. How about air ?
Anyways, my reasonable vegen suggestion (eggs/milk/tofu/beans/corn/rice) would at least cover a large swatch in a cost-effective way; for the hard-core, BYOL.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:30 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Sure. How about air ?
Anyways, my reasonable vegen suggestion (eggs/milk/tofu/beans/corn/rice) would at least cover a large swatch in a cost-effective way; for the hard-core, BYOL.
Halal milk you ask.... talk about confusing

What Is Halal Milk? (with pictures)

Old 01-09-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Halal milk you ask.... talk about confusing

What Is Halal Milk? (with pictures)
For hard-core, BYOL (and air)

Old 01-15-2015, 06:18 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Sure. How about air ?
FYI, vegan means plant matter only, i.e. vegetables, fruits, grains, & derivatives from the same, such as tofu. No products from animals, meaning no dairy, no eggs.

What you describe is vegetarian, which is more inclusive than vegan.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
FYI, vegan means plant matter only, i.e. vegetables, fruits, grains, & derivatives from the same, such as tofu. No products from animals, meaning no dairy, no eggs.

What you describe is vegetarian, which is more inclusive than vegan.
yes that's what i meant - the more inclusive of the two
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego