Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:00 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times

Advertisements

Yes, this is true, (FYI, this is my 4th PMB) but if the PMB place goes out of business, which is what happened with my last one, the USPS WILL forward your mail.

Since I moved back to San Diego in May, I've been phasing it out since it expires in March. Most everything is coming to my home address now, and I only go to the PMB once per month, and there's not much in there, and nothing of any importance inside of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 10:05 PM

I haven't had a package stolen, but thanks to a seasonal UPS driver not doing his job, I had a package misdelivered. Instead of looking for the apartment number on my door, he gave it to the first person that he saw in my complex.

I raised h**l with UPS about the driver picking it up from whoever he delivered it to, and redelivering it to me, but it never happened. It eventually made it to me, but I plan to file a complaint with UPS about it.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:16 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Yes, this is true, (FYI, this is my 4th PMB) but if the PMB place goes out of business, which is what happened with my last one, the USPS WILL forward your mail.
Since I moved back to San Diego in May, I've been phasing it out since it expires in March. Most everything is coming to my home address now, and I only go to the PMB once per month, and there's not much in there, and nothing of any importance inside of it.
In theory the carrier is forwarding all of the businesses mail and yours is just caught in the mix when a business closes. It is not humanly possible to remember potentially thousands of names and determining which are still active for a single address. Perhaps in the future every piece of mail will be screened for a change of address by postal software but that would necessitate a lowered delivery time standard.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
In theory the carrier is forwarding all of the businesses mail and yours is just caught in the mix when a business closes. It is not humanly possible to remember potentially thousands of names and determining which are still active for a single address. Perhaps in the future every piece of mail will be screened for a change of address by postal software but that would necessitate a lowered delivery time standard.
ALL of the mail from the residents from the PMB store that closed was being held at the USPS and forwarded, not just mine. This is the exception to the rule per the USPS. I was told by the clerk at the counter that the ONLY reason the mail was being held and forwarded is because the store closed. Otherwise, you pay to have it forwarded.

The store lost their lease, and no one except the owner and employees were allowed inside of it, because they were taking everything out of the store. It was my address for eight years, and I had no plans to change it. My information came straight from the inside of the USPS main office.

Last edited by moved; 12-12-2014 at 01:22 PM..

Old 12-12-2014, 01:42 PM

919 posts, read 848,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
And last year, UPS was known to pitch soft packages (which obviously contained clothes) over the rail of our second-story balcony, which worked well for that.
No way.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:55 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfa-ish View Post
No way.
I was pretty amazed the first time I found one out there.

But then, I regularly order clothes on-line since I don't fit off-the-shelf. So it makes sense that they would recognize that this was clothes, and do that. It also saves them the time it would take to walk up the stairs to the door, and UPS drivers get micro-managed on time/productivity. It happened a few more times, so that must have been the same driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego