Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the Chargers Move to Carson, what would you do?
I bleed blue and gold and will go to games in Carson to cheer on the Chargers 3 8.57%
I'll still be a fan of the Chargers, but won't go to Carson to watch a game. I'll watch games on TV. 10 28.57%
I'll no longer be a Chargers fan 10 28.57%
I've never been, and never will be a fan of the Chargers 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:00 PM

681 posts, read 2,801,048 times

Advertisements

So as a non-football fan (I know boooooooo), it's interesting to watch the dynamic of the sports scene in San Diego when it come to the Chargers.

So in a totally non-scientific poll, I'd be interested to know what you fans ... or non fans would do in terms of going to/watching Chargers games if they were to move to Carson ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 07:08 AM

31 posts, read 38,007 times
I have been a Chargers fan for many many years.. I really hope they stay BUT if they no longer want to be in SD then good riddance!! I will become a Arizona Cardinals fan!

Old 06-13-2015, 07:54 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,850,891 times
We might not necessarily get the Charger games here in SD unless you have special cable channel.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:57 AM

1,566 posts, read 4,424,863 times
I'm a jock from waaaaay back, and I say let the rich owner pay for his own toy and do the right thing How much money does Spanos need? How much happier would he be in LA? How would he feel about being a black sheep in San Diego.

In a way, it's only a game. From another perspective, the Chargers are part of San Diego's fabric. How much happier would Spanos be by making having several million dollars more?

Old 06-15-2015, 11:11 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
I'd probably stay a Chargers fan, but it would be weird after most of the current players are gone. If they're the LA Chargers and there's no Philip Rivers or Antonio Gates or some of the guys I'm so used to seeing in San Diego it would feel kinda odd. When I move back to So Cal soon I'll probably just watch games on TV if I'm living in SD. If I'm living in LA I might go to games now and then but it wouldn't be the same so I'd probably just watch on TV.

When I moved to SD I immediately adopted the Chargers and Padres and am a die-hard with both, but if I ever switched allegiances I'd probably reach back to Nashville, where I'm from originally, and root for the Titans. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:34 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,854,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'd probably stay a Chargers fan, but it would be weird after most of the current players are gone. If they're the LA Chargers and there's no Philip Rivers or Antonio Gates or some of the guys I'm so used to seeing in San Diego it would feel kinda odd. When I move back to So Cal soon I'll probably just watch games on TV if I'm living in SD. If I'm living in LA I might go to games now and then but it wouldn't be the same so I'd probably just watch on TV.

When I moved to SD I immediately adopted the Chargers and Padres and am a die-hard with both, but if I ever switched allegiances I'd probably reach back to Nashville, where I'm from originally, and root for the Titans. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.
I feel the same way. Lifelong fan here, back to Fouts and Muncie and Joyner and Kelcher etc, but I don't know how I'd feel if (when?) it happens. I think once the old SD Charger players are gone, I might lose my interest. But then I'm a fan and can't just throw a dart at board to find a new team. Arizona Cardinals? Yuck.
I hope it doesn't happen, but if they do go to LA, (which I suspect they will), I'm not sure how I'll feel.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:23 PM

601 posts, read 1,452,017 times
I'm steeped with many good Charger memories. Been a strong fan since the late 70's. When I lived in LA during the late 80s to early 90s, being surrounded by crazy Gangsta LA Raider fans wasn't easy. When we made the SB run in 94, I had to show my pride (but ducked the bullets and avoided the stab wounds).

If the Bolts move North it won't be so bad to me. I always supported the LA Basketball teams like they were in SD (Lakers/Clippers). It's just geography, IMHO.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:47 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy5 View Post
I'm steeped with many good Charger memories. Been a strong fan since the late 70's. When I lived in LA during the late 80s to early 90s, being surrounded by crazy Gangsta LA Raider fans wasn't easy. When we made the SB run in 94, I had to show my pride (but ducked the bullets and avoided the stab wounds).

If the Bolts move North it won't be so bad to me. I always supported the LA Basketball teams like they were in SD (Lakers/Clippers). It's just geography, IMHO.
This happened in 2011.....I was living in LA and the Bolts and Raiders were playing a Thursday night game. Myself, my girlfriend at the time, and my sister were walking to a bar in Chargers stuff to watch the game. (We had to watch at a bar because Time Warner didn't have NFL Network.) Anyway, I don't know if race really matters in this case but....I'm white, obviously my sister is, and my ex is...well, she was born in Mexico but looks Caucasian to most people. This bigger Hispanic guy was kinda talking **** to us, like "How can you wear those colors in LA?", "This is a Raiders town", blah blah blah. Eventually someone told him we were going to watch the game, to which he responds "Who you play tonight?" I was like "um, the Raiders." He then kinda got flustered and said he was "really a 49ers fan".

Yeah.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:51 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvuitton1 View Post
I have been a Chargers fan for many many years.. I really hope they stay BUT if they no longer want to be in SD then good riddance!! I will become a Arizona Cardinals fan!
I said the exact same thing. I already support the Cards quite a bit anyway since they are current home team but have always been Chargers fan first.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:57 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
If it's a choice between pot holes or appeasing a billionaire I'll be down at the Q to help em pack. No matter how we slice it we are going to get burned for 600K min. Selling land and giving away existing tax money is no different than raising new taxes to replace what you are already going to spend on them. Lies and more lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego