Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 06:58 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,876 times

Advertisements

Costco does not operate any fuel tankers that I am aware of. All of their deliveries are brought in by whoever the load is contracted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 12:34 PM

128 posts, read 257,691 times
ok guys, interesting replies, thanks all.

my final view is that the price of oil plunged but the private dealers are keeping the change. the price difference between costo and others is MUCH larger now than it was before. so it cannot be explained by "costco loss leading" or "dealer costs".

good luck all!

Old 08-28-2015, 01:28 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,899,749 times
The only local stations whose prices are right down with Costco right now are on the military bases- partner just filled up $2.99/gallon for premium at MCRD.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:30 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipr View Post

my final view is that the price of oil plunged but the private dealers are keeping the change. the price difference between costo and others is MUCH larger now than it was before. so it cannot be explained by "costco loss leading" or "dealer costs".

good luck all!

the dealers who don't lower their prices have their own market: those who don't want to wait long lines at Costco, those who are not members and those who need to fill up right away. these market are not price sensitive or these demands are not elastic

Old 08-28-2015, 04:04 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipr View Post

good luck all!
Yea don't really get,"riled up" here in Southern California over gas prices. Like High speed chases we are use to it

Old 09-06-2015, 01:31 PM

69 posts, read 76,356 times
I also use GasBuddy and have never seen places cheaper than Costco or Sam's for gas. Even though Costco has a membership like one poster mentioned, I've ALWAYS had the membership pay for itself and then some based off grocery shopping, gas, travel services, etc. I'm a single person too.

Even though the lines are ridiculously long (Sam's are normally short but the Sam's in San Diego isn't convenient for me like how Costco is), I find that they do more pretty quickly. I typically will get gas in the evening when there isn't much of a line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego