Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 12:12 AM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times

Advertisements

If you work in Temecula, live in Temecula. Many people in nice new cookie cutter homes in Temecula would love to have the opportunity you have and not commute to San Diego County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 03:25 AM

16 posts, read 56,196 times
Thank you RossieSD, oside5 and bigdaddy5.

I read each community is very unique in their own way in Temecula and whole city is family friendly. Is any of them more preferable for parents like us( very young kids 2 and 5 months).

Old 03-18-2016, 03:01 PM

31 posts, read 37,669 times
If your husband is going to be working in Temecula, I would consider Temecula over San Marcos. Yes, it gets hot but the prices are more afforable than San Marcos overall (saves room in the budget for A/C) plus overall the schools are pretty good (they vary of course) and there is pretty much any store, restaurant, etc that you could possibly need.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:42 PM

38 posts, read 48,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Don't under-estimate the benefits of a shorter commute in southern California. Every extra 15 minutes of commute time is 15 minutes subtracted from family time. If I worked in Temecula, as your husband will be doing, I'd want to live in that wonderful family-friendly and safe community, even if it meant a few hotter days every year. And, the schools in Temecula are very good too. As mentioned above, house prices will be slightly less than San Marcos too.

Totally agree from personal experience. I recently moved closer to work, my commute went from 30 min in the morning and 45-50 min in the evening to 15 min in the morning and 20-25 min in the evenings. It doesn't seem like that big a deal on the face of it (15-20 minutes each way) but that time really adds up. I really do notice the extra 40-45 minutes I have at home each day and if we got nothing else from the move it would've still been worth it.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:50 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpallstate View Post
Thanks expatCA and Louisvuitton1.

Do you know How much commute to promenade mall from RedHawks or Morgan hill in Temecula? I checked google at rush hrs both way and its 17-22 mins. And San Marcos is about 35-40 min. Does that come close to real driving?

Louisvuitton1- which area of Temecula you were in? I read that northern part is much hotter but southern Temecula has very cool breeze and people usually don't need to use AC. Is that much different in both part of town?
Keep in mind there are benefits weather wise living in San Marcos and being near the beaches and SD. In addition the morning drive TO Temecula would be easy as most traffic is going the other way. Ond the evening drive home is also in much lighter traffic. However Temecula has a lotto offer within the community, though San Marcos is closet to outside the city activities. Having lived in both areas I would carefully select a home in San Marcos. Now I grew up at the beach so I am drawn to it, but Temecula is a longer drive to anything much you would want to do in SoCal, outside the immediate area.

The drive times are close from Redhawk etc to the his work, but street traffic can be bad in the Am and PM (Rush hour) in Temecula.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:19 PM

16 posts, read 56,196 times
Thank you Malcorub16, sandiego sarah, psychmd, and again to expatCA.

After hearing from all of you and our research, we are leaning more towards living closer to work in Temecula.

Hubby is planning to work mainly 4 -10 hrs day so hopefully beat most traffic on street.

Psychmd- If you do not mind, can you PM about where are you working? Hubby may be working in similar field.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:56 AM

147 posts, read 157,668 times
Are you buying or renting? Buying in Temecula would prob be a better option than in SM. But SM is definitely valued higher and pehraps better investment overall.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:38 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Temecula has some of the worst air quality in all of So Cal. If you or your family is concerned about that I would choose San Marcos. I work with the doctors who study such things.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:25 AM

31 posts, read 38,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
By the way, here are the average year round temperatures for Temecula: Climate Temecula - California and Weather averages Temecula It's not like it is unbearably hot in Temecula 12 months of the year.

Will you have a few days every year where it's pushing 100? Yes. But keep in mind that there won't be much humidity in Temecula -- it will feel hot, but a hot day in Temecula will feel much more tolerable than a hot day with humidity in Temecula. And, you won't ever have to worry about snow.

But only you can decide if more family time and less drive time will balance out a little extra hot weather. For me, a few hot days would be worth it, especially to live in a nice family oriented place like Temecula, but your mileage (no pun intended) may vary.
I'm sorry but it's WAY more than a few days over 100.. lol
In less you lived there you really don't know how unbearable it can be..
Not to mention $300 plus electic bills because of the AC during the day.
If you can stay far from Pechanga you will be better off. Traffic around there now that's unbearable!

Old 03-19-2016, 09:49 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
This site might add another perspective on Temecula's historical weather trends. It says there were nine days of 100+ degree temperatures there in 2015.
2015 - Temecula, California Weather Summary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego