Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
Bill was the man last night. Wish we could reelect him
I would be ok with that. I liked Clinton even with his zipper down all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 01:45 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
Yeah, the whole thing about the birth certificate is a joke. I mean, John McCain only had the President's office to gain by blowing the lid on it. But he took a look at the rumors and said they were false.

There's clearly something about this President that bothers some people more than any other one. I hate to say it, but I think for some people, it's the color of his skin. They may not be outright racists, thinking that because he's darker than them he's inferior. But they don't want to see someone like him in office.
If there is this much uproar with a black president could you imagine what would happen if we elected a Hispanic or gay president?

Old 09-07-2012, 03:24 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
If there is this much uproar with a black president could you imagine what would happen if we elected a Hispanic or gay president?
The next mayor of San Diego might be gay and I don't think anyone will care.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
The next mayor of San Diego might be gay and I don't think anyone will care.
Local is different than national office though.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 PM

396 posts, read 925,883 times
Quote:
I don't know why people think Romney will do any better. I'm pretty sure he wants war with Iran and the same crap policies that got us in this mess. I think Obama could have done so much more but also the Republicans in congress are determined to make him a one term president so they don't pass anything that might help. Since the first day Obama was put into office, the amount of vitriol he has received is rediculous. Before he even made it to office people wanted to impeach him.
1st off, liberal PC banking policies (the notion that it is everyone's right to own a home) is what started this mess. Certain people who had no fiscal right to own a home were given risky loans. They failed to maintain payment, defaulted, and set the banking system into a downward spiral.

2nd, the democrats had a majority in the house, senate, and executive branch from 2008 to 2010. Obama basically ignored the republican politicians then needed to "compromise" once the libs lost in 2010 elections.

3rd, people wanted to impeach him before he even made office? Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by thepinksquid; 09-07-2012 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: Please no personal attacks!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 PM

396 posts, read 925,883 times
Quote:
People dont hate Obama because he is black/half black (although I am sure there are people who do).

They hate him because is an ignorant, condescending, snake oil salesman with a shady past. A man born out of the corrupt Crook County political machine (I know, I'm from Chicago) with absolutely no experience to serve at the highest office in the world. He slipped through the cracks plain and simple.

People who play the race card are pathetic.

BTW: he is more mocha colored than black

Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times
Alright everyone... Remember this is not the Politics subforum. No attacking each other, please!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odannyboi View Post
1st off, liberal PC banking policies (the notion that it is everyone's right to own a home) is what started this mess. Certain people who had no fiscal right to own a home were given risky loans. They failed to maintain payment, defaulted, and set the banking system into a downward spiral.

2nd, the democrats had a majority in the house, senate, and executive branch from 2008 to 2010. Obama basically ignored the republican politicians then needed to "compromise" once the libs lost in 2010 elections.

3rd, people wanted to impeach him before he even made office? You sound very uneducated (and if you did go to school, getting a degree in art history doesn't count as an "education")
So Romney's pisspoor record as governor of Massachusetts means nothing? Oh silly conservatives, facts are always getting in your way. The economy isn't Obama's fault. It would have been the same under McCain, and then you wouldn't have been using the same arguments.The thing about Obama's spending is a lie. And unemployment is going down. The triple A rating going down is the direct result of the tea party in the house.
Romney has also changed his position on taxes, abortion, foreign policy, the bailouts, the auto bailout, and immigration.

Republicans sat down on the night of Obama's inauguration and plotted about how to gain back power. Republicans decided that they would oppose him on every issue and make him a "failure" for not being able to get anything done. Republicans openly declared that this was their number one goal, not the economy, not jobs, not ending our trillion dollar war.....just making Obama a one term president. Now, republicans want to go back to all of the same policies that created this mess.

Unlike you, I'll provide sources that prove I'm right....and that your party is purposely trying to sabotage this nation solely to "win" at any cost.
Bill Clinton Asserts Democrats Create More Jobs: Reality Check - Bloomberg
Obama spending binge never happened - MarketWatch
The New New Deal: Why the GOP Became the Party of No | Swampland | TIME.com

On your last point, what is your degree in? That's not what my degree will be anyways. College is not a trade school. People can go to learn about whatever they want. I am not a money hungry Conservative so I don't major in something boring like accounting or Business. We all know that a MBA from the Harvard School of Business is useless, see Bush ll.
I was a senior in high school when Obama was elected and people did say that he would either be shot or impeached.

Last edited by bradleyyo; 09-07-2012 at 09:01 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
FactCheck

FactCheck

The spin and actual records see once you get past media hype and catch phrases might surprise anyone and you will see both parties neutralize each other with rubbish facts for the sake of rah rah. The facts of the matter is Obama over promised and under delivered regardless of Congressional balance. Romney has nothing to lose here and has been riding 'the promises' made and kicking back but has ideas that make the alternative to another Obama admin seem thin on anything.

One isn't less right than the other. Clinton was an effective communicator on many levels which got to the point and had many of the same issues in Washington, Obama is/has faced. Clinton seemed to figure it out, play sax on Arsenio and get some action in the oval office as a married man.
No one cares because he was effective at being President whether you agreed with him or not in some of his choices.

Nitpicking left vs right is like arguing whether a matchstick or a lighter is 'better' at igniiting fires.

As far as locally, there is a balance between liberal koombayah ideals and hard line conservative values. SD city might go Filner on this one.

Last edited by shmoov_groovzsd; 09-07-2012 at 10:18 PM..

Old 09-08-2012, 04:42 AM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
Bill was the man last night. Wish we could reelect him
I was hoping Obama to be the new Clinton. That was a disappointment, just like hoping GW Bush to be the new Reagan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego