Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 09:32 PM

1,536 posts, read 1,482,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

But, as the city of San Diego website says:

Noise complaints are generally prioritized by the number of complainants residing in separate residences. Noise complaints involving only one complainant are usually considered to be private matters between the parties.

I believe it, but what a total bunch of crap. What if the party house is at the end of the block and the bothered neighbor lives in the only house bordering it? Where I live I often hear rowdy behavior off in the distance and it's just background noise. But the people near it I'm sure hear it loud and clear.

Just an excuse for the public "servants" to not do their job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 09:34 PM

1,536 posts, read 1,482,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Move!

Some of the advice offered is good and worth following. But don't move. Dig in!

Old 02-13-2017, 11:31 PM

782 posts, read 759,130 times
Buy an electric bass and a decent amp, even if you don't know how to play, pick one up on Craigslist. Return the favor with the volume turned up to 11 (Spinal Tap Anyone?).

Bass Waves are huge, travel through walls and floors above you with ease. Literally will make our fillings resonate

All seriousness, I have had this problem when staying at some hotels when travelling for business, TVs on till 3AM, loud, people wearing concrete boots above me walking around for hours, slamming stuff and kids running around. What I found which works the best is a White Noise Generator, which is available in the form of Apps, Android is all I can vouch for since I don't use Apple, several on there work great and help me sleep, cancels out all the crap, often have to turn it up loud. I know Amazon has some White Noise Generators that are stand alone as well, or if you have a stereo or bluetooth speaker set-up you could amplify it even more.

One note though, If the person is listening to rap, with a lot of Bass then it may not work too well due to what I stated.

I have had issues where I lived in the past, I often told the people straight out to turn it down a few times years ago I had to call the property management complex at a temp. apartment I lived in, some college aged kids were partying above me and they got the call and turned up the noise even more and started jumping up and down on the floor, granted that's your call if they are thugs, gangbangers or vatos and fear retaliation, but I returned the favor with the said technique above or equally loud trance music, it's funny to hear it go dead silent after a few minutes. Fight fire with fire I suppose, two wrongs don't make a right but often your left with no choice. I knew I was leaving the one situation, but often if it's that bad moving is the only recourse but you can never choose your neighbors and even a detached house with a zero lot line or larger is no guarantee of that.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:53 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,801,379 times
The other option...works well for a lot of folks in middle America.

Buy a huge chunk of land in a heavy forested area build or buy a house well off the street. The only thing you will hear is a few noises from the wildlife and maybe some lightning cracking trees in the Summer.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:08 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,158,777 times
If you are afraid to stand up for your rights, the best thing to do is move.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:26 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,851,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
Buy an electric bass and a decent amp, even if you don't know how to play, pick one up on Craigslist. Return the favor with the volume turned up to 11 (Spinal Tap Anyone?).
But ... why don't you just make 10 louder, and keep 10 the top number and make that a little louder?

Old 02-14-2017, 02:18 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
But ... why don't you just make 10 louder, and keep 10 the top number and make that a little louder?
Because my amp goes to 11.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:47 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,851,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Because my amp goes to 11.
And scene.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:14 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,880,671 times
Sounds like you're living in an older neighborhood with no HOA. HOA's are usually pretty strict about noise issues especially after 10pm and have the power fine people if written warnings are ignored.

Old 02-15-2017, 02:12 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,005,641 times
We had an out of control party across the street that started at 2pm, by 4pm a bunch of us had called the cops and finally at 8pm they came and shut it down. It was 5 houses down and my garage door was shaking it was so loud. I didn't even know someone could rent a speaker system that friggin loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego